Clear all

Do you play football?

53 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

You started it! I just came to finish things off.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I heard on the BBc this morning that Real Madrid just signed an English footballer.
not being a sports fan I did not catch any names.
and my apologies if I mispelled Madrid's team name.

now when it comes to distractions.....
woman
guitars
and guitars.
in that order.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I heard on the BBc this morning that Real Madrid just signed an English footballer.
Nah, mate, just another foreign import that's being re-exported. Ronald O'somethingorother, I think his name is............

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Now, if that ain't a ......................... No, I won't lower the tone any more than it already has been............. :oops:

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
(@lauralasley)
Estimable Member

Cristiano Ronaldo, from Manchester United to Real Madrid. Huge transfer amount (80 million pounds I think) He's actually from Portugal and plays on the Portugeuse national team. And the reason the Lasleys went to Manchester for a football game this year. I've a teenage daughter, need I say more?

Now now children, there won't be any finishing of anything until you can play nicely :P

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Now, if that ain't a ......................... No, I won't lower the tone any more than it already has been............. :oops:

Did I forget to wink?
Cristiano Ronaldo, from Manchester United to Real Madrid. Huge transfer amount (80 million pounds I think) He's actually from Portugal and plays on the Portugeuse national team. And the reason the Lasleys went to Manchester for a football game this year. I've a teenage daughter, need I say more?

Now now children, there won't be any finishing of anything until you can play nicely :P

Sorry mom. Hang on, I thought we were playing nicely...I didn't hear any complaints, anyway...

As for Ronaldo, what I could say about his inability to read a game would amount to me breaking my own record for GN's longest post. But he does have a cute butt in those regulation tight fit shorts.

At which point, distractions...
Good music
Men
Guitars
Men playing guitars

What? Good music is more reliable. You just press play... :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@lauralasley)
Estimable Member

Funny, that's what I thought Fergie did with Cristiano.... (just press play)

Ah well, I'm a Giggsy fan anyway. Never did fall for this #7's pretty face or the fancy footwork. Do like the goals though!

I must confess, chocolate is a brief distraction.

Sadly, football can distract me from music. Playing or watching a really good match. :oops: Somehow it does involve men 8)

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Uh, yeah, agreed totally that Giggs is an immense talent, always liked his game. I'll say nothing about what I think of the post-match shirt removal tradition, beyond saying that I really enjoy watching football matches...

My list of distractions should probably include football and fit men playing football in tight shorts. And Liverpool get my complete and serious attention. Shame, because I can't ogle Torres anymore, it doesn't work when I'm more concerned with his outstanding goal tally. Zidane, otoh, I manage to enjoy on all levels.

And I'm sure this adds a certain funky feel to my grooves when playing music, as we are talking about tangentially music-related stuff here. Yup.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Didn't Steve Winwood dedicate an album to Ronaldo - "Arc Of A Diver?" :lol:

Music and football have always gone hand-in-hand with me - The Beatles arrived on the scene just as Bill Shankly's Liverpool side started to become the team to fear. Liverpool seemed to be the capital of the world in those days - all the best music (The Beatles, Gerry and the Pacemakers, The Fourmost, The Merseybeats, Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas, The Searchers, The Swinging Blue Jeans, etc etc etc) seemed to come from there. And what got in the charts one week was sung on the Kop the next week - usually with lyrics amended for football.

And then, of course, there's "You'll Never Walk Alone" - that song's been associated with Liverpool Football Club since 1963, and it's THE football anthem - you might hear it sung elsewhere, but never with the same passion and feeling as you'll hear it at Anfield. It's even become part of the badge....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

My apologies, I had a business trip.

Yes, Real Madrid signed to Cristiano Ronaldo and the transfer was 96 million euros. Laura, you are perfectly informed! He will earn 9.5 million euros per year.

In order to maintain this thread music related I only can add: Crisis? What crisis?

It would be a pleasure to have a Riverside Jam here! Last season we had at least 2 opportunities because Liverpool played against Atleti (1-1) and also Real Madrid (0-1 LOL!). Vic, does Arsenal play Champions League this year?

And we have the Confederations Cup now! It starts on Sunday. What do you say? Will there be an USA-Spain final?

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Being 4th, Arsenal will have to play-in to the Champions League, but should do so easily.

IMHO, the USA team is in a lull between great players, McBride, Bocanegra, etc are getting older, and the young guns aren't ready yet.

All you have to do it schedule the jam, find a place with access to beer, and people will usually show up. That's all we ever do. No real magic. We've even hosted jams in other people's homes!

And we met one of our future jammers in an airport on our way to New Zealand. So never doubt the possibilities for playing for fun.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Vic, does Arsenal play Champions League this year?

Yes - Liverpool, Man Ure, Chelski and Arsenal are England's representatives for 2009/10. And if Liverpool do get drawn against Atleti again, I'll do my best to meet you at the Vincente Calderon - and I'll bring a guitar. Might even have learned "You'll Never Walk Alone" by then, hopefully!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

........Man Ure
I see that they're as much appreciated on the wet side of the Pennines as on the dry side. :D :D

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

If that Torres wears out, will this one do?

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Vic, does Arsenal play Champions League this year?

Yes - Liverpool, Man Ure, Chelski and Arsenal are England's representatives for 2009/10. And if Liverpool do get drawn against Atleti again, I'll do my best to meet you at the Vincente Calderon - and I'll bring a guitar. Might even have learned "You'll Never Walk Alone" by then, hopefully!

Vic

Make that +1 8)

If that Torres wears out, will this one do?

How much tequila?

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4