Clear all

Easter in England 2007

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@danlasley)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I realize that there are several places I could post this (News, GN Seminars, Gigs and Jams), but I'm putting it here, next to the FIFA World Cup post.

Babydoclaz and I are pondering a trip to England in April 2007, in order to see 4 EPL soccer games in 5 days. We'll be flying through Manchester. One plan has us in London on the weekend, and the other keeps us in the north country for the entire trip.

So, does anyone know the best way to get EPL game tickets? Should we use a broker, or contact the teams directly?

Anyone want to meet for a pint? Or will everyone be busy with family on Easter weekend?

Laz

(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

First check the fixture lists, they were released recently so you can find who plays wherewhen over the we, that way you can plan a tour.
http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=enFixtByMonth&month=APR&year=2007
however some will change to accomodate the TV schedules, and are not normally announced until around Xmas I think.
Also availability depends on the team and who they are playing for eg Man United v Chelsea - little to no chance, unless you spend big bucks, whereas Bolton v Charlton should be easy. it might be worth contacting the teams direct British clubs are usually very helpful over this kind of thing

if you want to stay in the north-west there is Man City v Charlton on Fri 6th, Blackburn v Villa on Sat, Bolton Wanderers v Everton on Monday and Manchester United v Sheffield United on Tuesday?
http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=setSelectedId&nextPage=enSpecFeatures&id=93258&type=com.fapl.website.features.SpecialFeature&categoryCode=FixtureChanges&breadcrumb=compfix_breadcrumb

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Jim! We must see Arsenal (me) and ManU (her). The Fulham/Everton game is also intriguing.

We have two possible plans:

Option 1 (London)
Friday = Charlton @ Man City
Sat = West Ham @ Arsenal (London)
Sun = London Free Day
Mon = Middlesboro @ Liverpool (or Chelsea @ West Ham (London))
Tues = Sheff U @ Man U

Option 2 (no London)
Friday = Charlton @ Man City
Sat = Fulham @ Everton (Liverpool)
Sun = North Country Travel Day
Mon = Arsenal @ Newcastle (NorthEast)
Tues = Sheff U @ Man U

Make sense?

Thanks for the suggestion to contact the teams directly.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Makes sense but I would think you might struggle for tickets at West Ham and Arsenal, though I have no idea about allocations for Emirates Stadium, but I would imagine if you explained you were coming from the US specially, they might be accomodating?

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

If I was a English man I would love to meet you and have a pint ...

I'm sure Vic would a pint with you mate

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Yea , I am sure Vic would be glad to meet you Laz and jam along too.

By the way , next year , the cricket world cup is coming up in West Indies , so that makes it a good place to visit too.Cricket is worship in West Indies.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I haven't made any plans for next week yet, nver mind next year....however if you take option 2 - the North-west - Manchester and Liverpool are both a 20-minute train ride for me. Manchester - Boddington's Bitter.....Liverpool, Cain's Bitter...

Hope to see you while you'e over here!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Plans are now confused as the EPL says that ManU v Sheff U is Tuesday, but Man U says it's Monday 8p. Also, still haven't found a true ticket broker who can arrange all the games tickets.

Stay tuned...

But we are (almost) definitely flying in/out of Manchester.

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Plans are now confused as the EPL says that ManU v Sheff U is Tuesday, but Man U says it's Monday 8p. Also, still haven't found a true ticket broker who can arrange all the games tickets.

Stay tuned...

-Laz
Unfortunately EPL dates are not set in stone and can be moved for Tv or clashes with European games etc Have you not had any luck with the teams directly regarding tickets? I'd have thought if you explained you were flying in specially they'd be able to help?

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Stay tuned...

-Laz
Unfortunately EPL dates are not set in stone and can be moved for Tv or clashes with European games etc Have you not had any luck with the teams directly regarding tickets? I'd have thought if you explained you were flying in specially they'd be able to help?

Yes, I'm sure ManU figured they'd still be alive in Europe...

Man City said to call (as in telephone) to become a member so we can buy the tix... arrggh!

Still looking for an all-powerful ticket broker who can make it happen.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

There are, in the sunday papers over here, lots and lots of ticket agents who can pre-book tickets for virtually anything - let me check a couple out this coming weekend, and I'll get back to you......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote