Ebay descripton ran...

Notifications
Clear all

Ebay descripton rant

25 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@iskateblind)

maybe thats the only words they could think fof like therer were a few words in en for chin.

ReplyQuote
(@boogieman)
Trusted Member

By the way...What's wrong with being a midle aged bank manger, going through a mid life crisis with more money than talent? Sometimes people make good choices in their lives, earn respectable livings and find nothing wrong with indulging themselves after a life of hard work to get where the've arrived.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Graybeard, what a good idea!!! Embed keywords in the body of the listing in the same color font as the background. I wouldn't have thought of that. I guess it doesn't work (as you stated) but good idea.
Dali,
If no-one complains, it does work, just like 1 point text or putting a list of html keywords in your auction. The point is, if it gets pulled, you've got to rework the auction and start all over again, although an auction with 30 bids is unlikely to get pulled, unless the ebay staffer is having a REALLY bad day.
One other thing, is that ebay CAN kill an auction after it's ended and nullify the whole deal.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Hey....I'm middle aged and poor. I bought all those damn guitars and now I have no cash left.

Buddy, can you spare 50 cents for some picks?

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

By the way...What's wrong with being a midle aged bank manger, going through a mid life crisis with more money than talent? Sometimes people make good choices in their lives, earn respectable livings and find nothing wrong with indulging themselves after a life of hard work to get where the've arrived.
You got it Boogieman! It's better than buying a convertable and getting a 20 year old mistress!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

You got it Boogieman! It's better than buying a convertable and getting a 20 year old mistress!
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

This 20 year old you speak of . . . I think I've got her already ... she's blond, has a long thin neck, was made by Fender ...

She'd defniitely look good in a convertable though!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@grump)

I think I saw all of the above and more when buying my guitar. It was a hassle but I could work my way through that. My pet peeves are:

Sites that have links to ebay items but it looks like thier auction.
Hidden reserve price.
Items without good descriptions.

Grump

By the way, is there a good way to tell what PUPs are in a guitar?

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”

~ Albert Einstein

So why is it that I keep playing guitar???

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I don't judge, I observe.

ReplyQuote
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member

AMEN!!!!

Music is the universal language, love is the key.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2