Clear all

Eddie Kramer on Waves Logic Tour

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

So I went to see Eddie Kramer at Tom Lee Music here in Vancouver BC, Canada. If you don't know who Eddie Kramer is, look at the credits of Electric Lady Land or Zeppelin I, II....and numerous others, the Stones. Yeah this guy produced a lot of that classic stuff. It was amazing to sit in on this session.

Basically it was the "Readers Digest" version of a recording session with Mr. Kramer Producing. Very cool.

Although it was a sales pitch, it was still interesting to get a glimpse on how he deals with a session. He grilled the audience on mic choices. "If you were at God's mic closet what would you use?" Very insightful. A good portion of the clinic surrounded drums and what I would think could lead to a phase nightmare but to which at the end of it all he state: "we spend too much time worrying about phase. If it sounds good great. It's only rock and roll man." Paraphrased of course.

I bought a cheap used Ibanez while I was there and he signed to the effect of: " To Hugh, 'A little mojo on that would be awesome', Best wishes, Eddie Kramer.".Just what I happened to say as I approached the table. :lol: . A very funny man. Very down to earth.

Thanks for a great learning experience!

Oh and Logic 8 is lookin' pretty darn cool these days.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

(@blueline)
Noble Member

WOW. Eddie Krammer is almost single handedly responsible for a large portion of the music that came out of the 60s/70s. Must have been really great listening to him. What an opportunity to learn from one of the greatest producers. :mrgreen: I'm jealous!!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Twas a blast. They are on tour so look out for the adds in your town.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote