epiphone dot studio

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

helloooooo,
im a fan of angels and airwaves and blink 182, and tom delonge uses the gibson ES-355 which is way out of my price range,and i was wondering if anyone nows how good the 'semi-acoustic epiphone dot studio' is? and if its distorted sound..sounds good? its generally the look of guitar that i like but obviously its the play of it that matters..

feedback would be much appreciated :)

Gary

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Two words one website Harmony Central look under Epiphone then which ever model your looking at.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I agree, Harmony Central is the best place to get reviews. But, I would also look at the reviews on Musician's Friend.com.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey thanks for the replys :D

i ended up getting a mexican strat....which i found an angel to play compared to the epiphone, the bridge is sort of lifted up from the body.....is that normal? because on my ibanez it was sat flat to the body of my guitar..

gary :)

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Congrats on the Strat! Yes, it is "normal" for the bridge to "float" a little off the body, but not too much. This way you can yank a note slightly sharp, as well as dropping the pitch. If it is too far off the body, the action will be too high. If that is the case, either tighten the screws in the back holding the tremolo springs or replace the springs with new ones.

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

ah ok,mine floats about 5mm off the body..i managed to find an online manual for it,and it says the way its been set up there should be a 3/8 gap between the body and the bridge,it seems perfect as it is so i guess i'll leave it :)

thankyou for the information

gary

ReplyQuote