Clear all

Favorite Beer

49 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
11.6 K Views
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I brewed my own for 20 years or more, but I can't buy the ingredients for anything like the price of a crate of commercial German beer. I can buy the most expensive beer around (Czech Budweiser) for 12EUR a crate of 10 litres.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Latley I have been drinking Fat Tire 1558 Black Ale, very thick hoppy tasting, Also enjoy Murphy's. With Mexican food it's Negro Modelo, a Mexican dark and when I'm in the mood for a light beer (rarely) it's either Harps or Bass Ale

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Sorry for the bump, but I have three words for you guys:

SATURDAY NIGHT PALSY :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

Just celebrated 14 years clean and sober yesterday. Had a diet cherry coke with my cake.

I wanted to learn to play guitar really badly and I think that I have succeeded.

ReplyQuote
(@alfsevic)
Eminent Member

I came on this post a bit late, just a tip for greybeard,in a little town up north called Bamberg there´s about 12 breweries, and one is called "Spezial" . The beer is a smoked beer and tastes delicious, it is one of the reasons I am still living here so far from blighty
alfsevic

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Just celebrated 14 years clean and sober yesterday. Had a diet cherry coke with my cake.

Congrats on that Billybenbob!! Quitting any major addictions is a difficult task. Great job.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I came on this post a bit late, just a tip for greybeard,in a little town up north called Bamberg there´s about 12 breweries, and one is called "Spezial" . The beer is a smoked beer and tastes delicious, it is one of the reasons I am still living here so far from blighty
alfsevic
I know Rauchbier very well, I lived in Nürnberg for 13 years (it was only served in a few bars up around the Tiergärtnertor) - and I still don't like it. :lol:
I'd take and "-ator" Bier any day. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

Anything on tap!
It tastes better when your sitting on a stool in a bar.

ReplyQuote
(@tonedeaf)
Trusted Member

Agree. It's coffee in the morn, but when I sit down at night to play, it is almost always with a cold one.

Favorites are constantly changing. I am heavy into IPAs these days. Guinness is my old standby and always a favorite. In the summer I tend toward lighter stuff like Corona. However, generally I stay away from the big national brewers. Just as I'm a bit of a coffee snob, I am also a micro-brew snob. Dog Fish Head is one of my favorites. http://www.dogfish.com

Steve
wow, am i late getting into this or what...

Steve, i like you am into ipa's lately, though i use Guinness as a fail safe, too...

get your hands on Victory Hop Devil (their ipa), you will be amazed... and since you are a Guinness fan, try Smithwick's Irish Ale... not a bad brew to add to your repertoire

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Better late than never?
I hope

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@davem)
Estimable Member

I usually like Guinness or something German. Although, I'm with you noteboat, a good homebrew can be a very good way to go. I've haven't brewed in a while, but I've made some very fine Darks and a great summer weiss beer. Throw a lemon in that and I feel like I'm in Germany.

Noteboat, we should brew and jam together some time, I'm a couple towns over from you in Elmhurst.

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Try those links again...

Forget the coffee... When I practice at night after all else is done, I usually enjoy a cold one... How about you? What is your favorite? I have two. 1) Spanish Peaks Honey Raspberry Ale http://www.mylifeisbeer.com/beer/bottles/bottledetail/438/ and 2) Blue Moon Belgian White: http://www.mylifeisbeer.com/beer/bottles/bottledetail/131/

Great bottlenecks LOL

I'm a coffee man at home but I voted cold :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@grump)

All this talk about different beer is making me wishful. I'd love to go pubbing (sp?) in England or visit the beer gardens in Germany.

My wife lived in Stuttgard for 2.5 years and Augsburg for 6 months so I have recommendations but no beer. I've only seen the airport. Same with England (I really like black and tans, even the non-standard ingredient ones).

For a Texas beer, I like Shinerboch (but for some reason I'm sitting here with a Labatt's Blue). Shiner has a lot of flavor. South Texas has a lot of German immigrants so maybe that's why it's good.

Grump :evil:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”

~ Albert Einstein

So why is it that I keep playing guitar???

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Shiners anniversary beer for last year was really good. I think it was called "96"

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Grump,
Munich Airport has one of the best bars in the area - the beer is brewed on the premises and is about 30% cheaper than in any other bar around. It has a "garden", which is under a canopy, that is something like 100ft in the air (the BMW racing yacht - including mast - is on display under the canopy), and there is regular live music, either in the bar or in the garden.

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4