Clear all

Favorite Guitar Poll Part 1

20 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've decided to start a series of polls, to single out guitar noises favorite electric guitar, by poll. Just a little experiment.

The poll is going to be guitar type.
When the results give us a winner, I will post the next poll, which will be brand, followed by models, color, etc. The end product should be the guitar that a majority of guitar noise wants or has!

Lets get started :)

PS - If I forget any options, let me know.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

(@97reb)
Noble Member

I voted for V. I'd be willing to bet the majority vote is for the strat, though. I would rather have a V, SG, or LP over a strat though, anyday.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I voted for the LP even though I don't own one yet. I liek the Strat I have but I've always wanted a real LP

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Another V vote here. :D Since I play a Gibby V in all and I'm lookin' at getting a Jackson style V in the future.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I actually went with the archtop choice. Archtops seem to make very versitile guitars, that can play pretty much anything.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I voted Tele.

But do tell - how are you going to get a representative sample? Unless EVERY GN member replies, it isn't going to be a definitive poll. You may get all the Strat players voting and none of the Tele players (well OK, one....)

I mean, basically, this is the same question TRGuitar asked - "What's your #1 guitar" - a couple of weeks or so back. First few replies to that, there were 4 photos, each of which contained a Telecaster.....

Like everything else, favourite guitars are subject to taste - if you'd asked a year ago, the answer would've been "Squier Tele." Ask me next year, it might be Epi LP or Gibson SG.....I can't see it happening, mind, but it could.

First rule of polls - never believe the final result.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

I love Jaguar's, in sunburst. *drools* Not on the list so not sure if it counts.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@mahal)
Estimable Member

I actually went with the archtop choice. Archtops seem to make very versitile guitars, that can play pretty much anything.
Curious poll we have full jazz boxes together with semi-hollows yet teles and strats are listed seperately. I guess we all bring our own prejudices of what is really different.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yep. Semihollows and hollowbodies are two different animals entirely.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Sorry for the archtop bit, I've only played a few, just didn't know.

Its just for fun guys, I'm leaving this open for a while to get as many votes as possible. I'm a math minor, I've got my stats down. If I don't see a commanding lead or 30 or more votes then I wont continue the poll.

I was just bored,thought it would be fun.

And if this was done before, I haven't been around in a while, been busy with school. :)

Keep voting!!!

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think something pretty similar was up a few months ago...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I voted for the SG and look like I am the only one so far. But I would have voted for everyone except the V, simply because I've never played one, but I've played all the rest.

Really, I don't have a favorite. Each has a characteristic I like. I like the Strat because it so versatile and can get many various sounds, I also love the whammy bar for Hendrix type stuff. I love semi-hollows because of the beautiful tone, I love the cleaness of a Tele, I love the warmth of a Les Paul. I like the SG most probably because it is a little brighter than the LP, and tighter like the Tele, and super easy to play high. It is also very light.

But they are all great guitars.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

It's hard to choose. I have a Strat, Tele, Semi-Hollow, and LP, and they are all great for different styles of music. I guess if I had to choose, I'd go with the LP.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@infamous16)
Trusted Member

I think I will like lp's the most until I get one...then I'll start liking something else, XD.

blah.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I like all of these guitars. However, I love the one most which I win in a giveaway.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2