Clear all

Overall Orange V. Engl

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Not naming any specific models in this opinionaire, but what do you think of companies/brands Orange amps V. Engl amps? Feel free to name specific models and your opinions of them, especially if you have played them.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've been to Harmony Central and read reviews, plus the respective company's websites. I think - Orange Rockerverb 50w head and Engl Thunder 50w head are two I am looking at most. The Engl is about half the price of the Orange. Still looking for opinions or general comments?

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I want a "flyable" amp and small speaker cab, and have been thinking about checking out an Orange Tiny Terror. But ... the d@mn thing is about 500 USD according the HC user reviews. A valve jr might be a better choice.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, Orange cost a lot of green. :roll: There is an authorized dealer about 30 miles north of me, not to say they have any in stock. I am thinking of saving for next year, after a possible promotion.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

gnease,

My guitar teacher picked up a tiny terror used and that thing kicks serious butt. Fantastic for distortion but not much of a clean channel.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote