Notifications
Clear all

Favorite Song to Play

29 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Well Frank that commercial only makes it worse for me.

You know it then? It makes me want to do the Elvis thing and shoot out the TVs. :lol:

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

My favourite song to play at the moment is "Blackbird", because a friend has just helped me tie up the loose ends on the thing, and I have been waiting years to learn how it's done properly. Vocal part next. :)

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Paranoid by Black Sabbath currently.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Oh ...... wow ... there are so many I love to play. I'm sorry, can't pick one. :oops:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

I play music to make a living (sax, flute, guitar, wind synth, vocals, etc.) and my favorite song to play would be whatever I'm on stage playing to an audience at any time. It's the most fun I can have with my clothes on ;)

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Paranoid by Black Sabbath currently.
Yeah! that song is awesome and is easy, its fun.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Y'know, I looked at the title of this thread a couple of weeks back, and though, "It's impossible to narrow it down..." - so many favourite songs over the years. Current fave? I always have a few songs on the go at any given time.....

Best answer I can give to this question - the song I'm playing right now. Even though I've not got a guitar in my hand at this precise moment in time, 'cos I'm typing...

But I love playing guitar so much, any song I can play and sing is a favourite....

So, the last song I played, then - whatever it was.

But I must admit, there's one song I do keep coming back to time after time - that's "More Than A Feeling" by Boston. I know the rhythm parts, I can play the lead fairly well - and whenever it comes on the radio (which is fairly often!) I just have to pick up the nearest guitar and play along. Pavlovian response, I think - I spent sooooo long trying to learn the song, I now know it so well that as soon as I hear that opening chord I just HAVE to play along!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I play music to make a living (sax, flute, guitar, wind synth, vocals, etc.) and my favorite song to play would be whatever I'm on stage playing to an audience at any time. It's the most fun I can have with my clothes on ;)

Notes

Nicked for my sig. Again. Damn Notes, how do you manage it? Keep posting, I'll need to update in a week or two.

I'm finding at the moment I'm also enjoying any tune I can jam to/over without first figuring out chords or such. Been doing a fair bit of noodling this week.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

We play Sunshine of your love by Cream and that bores me to death to play

That was the first song I learned on bass so me and a guy I work with could jam. I was tired of listening to it before I learned it, but started liking it again while learning it. After playing it for a few weeks, I now hate it again.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

... "It's impossible to narrow it down..." - so many favourite songs over the years. Current fave? I always have a few songs on the go at any given time.....

Best answer I can give to this question - the song I'm playing right now.

Certainly feel the same.
But if I had to list a few.....

Pink Floyd - WYWH
Pink Floyd - Mother
Judas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death
Aerosmith - Seasons of Wither This song has a great riff!
Night Prowler - AC/DC
JW...your band should learn this one. Its easy and its your motif

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Not a whole lot the past few weeks, but I have been playing "Welcome To The Machine" by Pink Floyd when I have played. Anything really slow and low these days.
Aerosmith - Seasons of Wither This song has a great riff!
8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

"I can't quit You Babe" T-bone Walker style 8)

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Oingo Boingo's "Dead Man's Party."

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

woo now I am playing Another Brick in the wall and Comfortably Numb ( just getting into Pink Floyd )

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2