Clear all

Favourite New Albums?

25 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

What new albums is everyone listening to lately. My top three currently would be

1) Pearl Jam (Self-titled) not really new but still recent
2) Rise Against- The Suffererer & The Witness. (No big surprises on this record, it's all tight, but he choruses continue to get more catchy with each release.
3) Billy Talent-Billy Talent II, (this surprised me, it's a great album, some great tracks, This Suffering, and Surrender are stand out tracks. There are alot of familar riffs, but I can tolerate the similarity.)
4) Bruce Springsteen-We Shall Overcome: The Seager Sessions (What a great album, great musicianship, and it's really fun, the DVD side is a good watch too.)

Anything I should be on the look out for? I keep meaning to get the Heart of Gold dvd, but I haven't had the time. What's on top of your lists?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Joe Bonamassa - You & Me (If you like modern blues).

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I came across a feature in him in a guitar magazine, came with a CD lesson too, I was impressed. I'll definitly check that out.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@phingerboard)
Trusted Member

BuckCherry's "15"

I don't even understand why I like them, but I do.

Best Guitar Sites | Guitar Players Lick Better

ReplyQuote
(@stardust)
Eminent Member

Death Cab For Cutie's Plans - I've had it on repeat for about a week. :)

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Stadium Arcadium - The Red Hot Chili Peppers (YAY John!)
Cat Power - The Greatest

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

ive been listening to the new Dashboard Confessional alot.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

ive been listening to the new Dashboard Confessional alot.

How is it? I saw Chris Carrabba in an interview the other day, and he seemed pretty excited about it. I might check that one out to.

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

To me, a favorite album would be one that had 13 or 14 tracks that i could actually stand to listen to 12 and as of the past 2 years, the music industry just hasn't produced anything very good at all. Most have 1 maybe 2 good songs on them if your lucky. The rest are BORING and not worth listening to. seriously. Even all my favorite bands have produced crappy recordings. I'm used to the time when ALOT of groups would put out 3 to 4 hit records and you still dug Almost every other track on the record. now adays they just all try to produce the exact same sound on every song on every record trying to achieve that one hit sound. It's kinda like one hit wonder hell lately. Sorry i know i kinda went on a little rampage but seriously, there is really nothing very good being put out on any of the major labels. (And they wonder why there sales are dropping and try to blame it all on internet downloading) PLEASE, i would much rather spend a buck to get the one song i want to hear than 17 for a whole CD of CRAP!

Now if you wanted to know my favorite MIX CD of song colections, that'd be a different topic I guess.

Cheers :(

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

RHCP - Stadium Arcadium is getting a lot of play here.

Muse - Black Holes & Revelations - not what you might expect but some very good stuff.

My son came over for the weekend armed with the new Nelly Furtado and Pink albums so we gavethem a spin. Pink is better IMO.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

I'll ditto RHCP and Pearl Jam - although the Pearl Jam took a bit of getting used to. Guitar work is excellent on both.

Can't go wrong with Stadium Arcadium IMO

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'll ditto RHCP and Pearl Jam - although the Pearl Jam took a bit of getting used to. Guitar work is excellent on both.

Can't go wrong with Stadium Arcadium IMO

Did the backup vocals bother you? I always loved the backups, but they changed from 2 guys, to the drummer, who doesn't have the same quality voice, other then that I really like the Pearl Jam album.

And Alan, I don't like Pink, but being from Canada I have a soft spot for Nelly Frutado, I like her first cd more then this new sound though.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, what's up with Muse? Looks like they are not really done developing themselves quite yet, some pretty new directions on the new disc.

ReplyQuote
(@jsnood)
Estimable Member

I've been listening to Bryan Sutton's album "Not Too Far From the Tree". It's a great album of duets. Sutton plays with Dan Crary, David Grier, Norman Blake, Doc Watson, and Earl Scruggs (on guitar) among others.

Also, Springsteen's We Shall Overcome.

My kid has been listening to Rise Against which I like too.

There is no way to peace. Peace is the way. - A.J. Muste

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

dashboard's is good...not as good as his previous offerings, but solid. it's a new direction for him, the production is much more polished and upbeat

Springsteen's album can't be beat. it's one of the best of the year

Cash's new album (American V) is superb. it's a tossup between him and springsteen for the best album so far of 2006, i think

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2