Clear all

Fender Amps?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@preacher)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ive been looking up a Fender amp, 25R Frontman Series II. Or something along those lines. From what Ive read, everyone has different opinions. So has anyone played with/owned/own one of these amps? What are yalls opinions on this amp?
Thank you for your time,
Preacher

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Opinions, huh? Well, you're in the right forum! From my experience - I haven't tried the 25R, but I did have a Frontman 15G for a while - came as part of the package when I bought a Squier Strat. Haven't had it for a while, but from what I remember;

I didn't use the clean channel much - I rarely use it on any amp I've had, but I do remember it sounded fairly crisp, and my old acoustic with piezo p/u sounded all right through it as well. The drive channel's OK, but a bit one-dimensional - sounds OK from about 8 to 10 on the gain knob, but any less than that and there's not much bite to it. I'd say - and remember, this is only MY opinion - I got what I paid for - a decent beginner's amp. I don't know if you use reverb or chorus much, but there's neither on the 15G. There's a reverb knob on the 25R, but no chorus.

Sum up - not a bad little amp, but limited as to features. If you're into pedals, that probably won't matter much to you - I prefer a modelling amp with several variations of amp tone built in.

As always, try before you buy!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote