Clear all

FIFA 2010 QF Poll

193 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
15.4 K Views
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I'm going with Germany. Should be some good matches coming up.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Dan! Your vote puts Germany back in joint first place. They deserve to make mugs of their many detractors.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Germany all the way!

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

2.42 Goal!!!!!! :D Love my team. :D

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schweinsteiger is totally owning this World Cup. 8)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

4-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Germany all the way!

4-0 says it all.

Maradona got stripped alright as he wished, but it was by Germany this time.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've been singing Germany's praises for some time. The commentators in Britain and the British press have totally written Germany off, and when discussing it with friends, people thought I was mad to speak so highly of Argentina. But they smashed England, and they've just smashed Germany. Muller's out of the semi final against Spain, but I called a Brazil-Germany final. Now, I call it Holland-Germany with Germany emphatically winning the World Cup.

It's funny seeing the same people who wrote them off now changing their chat and talking about the experience and quality of this side.

Schweinsteiger deserves the Golden Boot. And Low deserves to be named as the best manager in the world today. With every game he's proving he's earned that mantle.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Maradona got stripped alright as he wished, but it was by Germany this time.

:shock:
lmaooooo, so glad we avoided that. I'm ordering a black Schweinsteiger Germany shirt. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Regarding the Ghana game yesterday.......
Here's my prediction for the (just started) Ghana-Uruguay game (c&p'd from my FB):
Oh, now do I call it for Ghana, or for Uruguay? See, my African blood says Ghana, but my football-heart says Uruguay for history' sake. My level head says this is a tough match either way. I'll go 3-2 Ghana. Some more flared tempers, a penalty (which will be saved or ballooned), and another controversial red card incident. Last minute goal will decide matters after a lengthy deadlock at 2-2.

Tho, I barely know these teams, so I'm really just guessing here.*

*The kind of thing that should get me a well-paid cushy job commentating on the WC for ITV, really. :roll:

Damn, I'm good. Once you ignore all the stuff I got wrong, that is. But the penalty and it being missed - I got that! I got that! ANd I got the red card! And the red card in the Brazil-Holland game! At last! I have found my talent! :lol:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm glad I got the Germany - Argentina result wrong! If there's one "sportsman" I can't stand, it's Maradona - he's the biggest cheat in the history of football.

But Scrybe - don't write off Spain just yet. All it'll take is one goal from 'Nando to get his mojo workin', Villa's looking pretty awesome, and it's all coming together at the right time for them! Villa's got to be player of the tournament for me, so far......

Looking forward to Spain v Paraguay.....come on Spain!!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

PS - a little omen, perhaps? Two years ago, when Spain were crowned European Champions, Rafael Nadal won the men's singles at Wimbledon - and he's in the final tomorrow......

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

If there's one "sportsman" I can't stand, it's Maradona - he's the biggest cheat in the history of football.

Not to mention the most biggest absolute freak.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm glad I got the Germany - Argentina result wrong! If there's one "sportsman" I can't stand, it's Maradona - he's the biggest cheat in the history of football.

But Scrybe - don't write off Spain just yet. All it'll take is one goal from 'Nando to get his mojo workin', Villa's looking pretty awesome, and it's all coming together at the right time for them! Villa's got to be player of the tournament for me, so far......

Looking forward to Spain v Paraguay.....come on Spain!!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

PS - a little omen, perhaps? Two years ago, when Spain were crowned European Champions, Rafael Nadal won the men's singles at Wimbledon - and he's in the final tomorrow......

To be honest, Vic, I think Spain are Germany's biggest opponents out of everyone who turned up for this Cup, even imagining Brazil et al being in form. Spain have a great touch and keep possession very well, so they'll be more difficult to break. With Villa on form, this will be the tightest match of the tourny, I reckon. But I'm a Germany fan, so go Deutschland!!!!!

Think Torres' tourny is over, tbh. Spain should start with Llorente who is more hungry and physical. He'd give the German defence a lot of trouble. Funnily, his full name is actually Fernando Llorente Torres. :shock: Think our Torres has his mind elsewhere. But that's not too bad - hopefully it'll put other teams off buying him so he has more reason to stay put at Liverpool and find form there again! :wink:

Just wish I could see Maradona crying. :lol:

Can't believe the English news people's logic though - we got owned by Germany, but that's okay cos Argentina got owned by them, too. No wonder we do crap at tournaments, we just love to look for excuses. It's the heat, it's the ball, it's the long English seasons (which had a surprisingly negligible effect on foreigners like Boateng, Teves, etc., but hey), it's the WAGs, its the ref, it's the disallowed goal, it's the other team. Just grow a pair and start playing like a team, for heck's sake! We effectively threw this World Cup. That's our habit. Throwing big competitions by not playing our best. We could learn a lot from watching how Germany play (funny tho - their team was based on how the English teams play...), or by watching how the small teams fought on in the face of defeat here. Heck, even Argentina kept fighting at 4-0 down, despite it being futile. Chile did that, Ghana did that. Gyan should be teaching England how to deal with penalties - his recovery when it went to shootouts was brave and noble.

Anyway, c'mon GERMANY!!!!!!!! Germany for the Cup!!!!!!! :twisted:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Just wish I could see Maradona crying. :lol:

Anyway, c'mon GERMANY!!!!!!!! Germany for the Cup!!!!!!! :twisted:

Maybe it was just me, but I did watch Maradona wiping a tear when Germany were 3-0 in today's match.

My final prediction - Germany v. Netherlands. Germany wins 2-0/3-1. 8)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 13