Clear all

Fogerty on PBS Heads Up!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I realize it is a repeat but John Fogerty's 2004 appearance on Austin City limits is showing Saturday night Feb 18th. I did not catch it when it originally aired. My recorder is already set for this time.
Robbie

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the heads up Robbie. I've never seen it either, so I'll be watching. Should be good.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Man, I'm not getting it here.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Austin City Limits is an odd show. I've very rarely seen shows there that have the energy or presence of the same artists in other venues.

The Fogerty show was a good example of this. I've seen him in person, and I've seen tapes of various shows and there's just way more energy than comes across on the ACL show. I'd still watch/tape/TIVO it, it's great music, but it's not the best Fogerty show you'll ever see.

The same can be said of a number of performers I've seen there.

Has anyone ever been to a taping of one of these shows who can give some insight into what happens that the crowd and band seems to be relatively under-energized so often?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote