Clear all

From the Mouths of Babes

15 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

This morning I heard reported this nugget of wisdom uttered by the son of a friend:

"You know, in this world a man can do most anything he wants to... unless he's four years old."

:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

:D ROFLMAO!!! :D Very true!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

Very profound wisdom from the young "man."

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

kids say the darndest things.

self-edited.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

As long as we're talking about things kids say, my wife sent me this:

A woman, about six months pregnant was showering when her three year old daughter came in and siad "Mommy, you're getting fat."
The woman looked down and smiled and said "yes sweetie, do you remember I told you I had a baby growing in my tummy?" the little girl looked at her and said "Yes but what's growing in your butt?" :lol:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

Groucho Marx: "This is so simple any 9 year old can do it. Some one bring me a 9 year old."

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

lmao :P

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

was the kid really 4? or a little older than that?

he's gonna grow up to be a writer...

Perception is such a key thing, and it really amazes me how really young ones view everything. I used to work for Sylvan Tutoring, before I got my first real teaching job. I was 22. I'm 24 now. I had a little kid named Taylor come in, he was in maybe 3rd grade. I'm not used to the little ones...I only teach 7th and up. I guess to him, I was suuuuuuuper old. 22. Ancient. Anyway, the first day, he blatantly asked me if i had grandkids. I still viewed myself as a kid, a kid who still couldn't buy alchohol without being hassled. (I still can't buy it without being hassled.) I was speechless. I eventually asked him how old he thought I was, and he replied "about 40." We tutors had a good laugh about it after the kids all left.

Then, on my first day at my current school, I had a student ask me what grade I was in, then got really embarassed when she found out I was a teacher.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

He really is 4. I think his birthday's in early October. He's going to kindergarten shortly. He's tall, and could easily be mistaken for several years older.

His mom's a little cutie who could easily pass for half her age.

They were at a Christmas party at our house last year, and in the middle of this spring, out of the blue on the way to preschool he asked his mom if he could have his birthday party (6 months in the future!) at our house! That kind of unprompted planning ahead is definitely out of the ordinary for a 4 1/2 year old.
:shock:

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hmmm somethings missing here...

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

"You know, in this world a man can do most anything he wants to... unless he's four years old."

:D

I like it! Tell him that being 60 can cramp your style a bit too.... :wink:

My son started talking very late and has always had a very quirky approach to language. So here's a couple from him:

Whilst intently watching the water disappearing down down the plug-hole of his bath -

"It's getting goner, it's getting goner..... " ( I guess 'goner' sounds like a perfectly logical way of saying that more of it had gone. :) )

Whilst observing me in the shower -

"Dad is very skinny"

At the time I was definitely not 'skinny' in the usual sense, and was a tad on the tubby side (since lost). It took me a while to figure out that he was commenting on how much skin I was displaying compared to my usual clothed state. Lots of hair = 'hairy', so lots of skin must = 'skinny'. Quite logical again really. 8)

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I really like that use of "skinny!" :D

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Sounds very wise :)

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

My son often comes out with some classics - last year he was into inventing machines for various purposes, two were an anti aging machine and an anti fat machine, both constructed in the form of Dr Who's Tardis. HIs Year 5 teacher was very excited about the anti aging machine and was exitedly telling us at a meeting we had to go to that she was looking forward to it's completion, joking of course; me being rather shy in person gave suitable little pursed smiles and chuckles in sympathetic collusion.

A couple of days later he was excitedly telling me he had almost finished designing the anti fat machine which he said I would be able to use - I roared with laughter and said oh thanks very much, I'll look forward to that :lol: SInce then he's been learning the art of taking peoples' feelings into consideration more. :)

One cute one when he was younger was when we were coming out of school one day, I said , 'oh we better get to the car quickly as it's starting to spit '- he looked up at the sky and said, 'Mum, there's noone there spitting at us'. :)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Violet, recently I was sitting out back of the office taking a break with my just-emptied coffee cup in hand on a bench that happened to be located nearly under a power line. Felt like it was starting to sprinkle. Only it wasn't rain. Wasn't spit, either. There was someone overhead, a good crowd in fact. I got hit on the head and wrist, and my coffee cup got dead-centered. Your son doubtless would've found something to say about that. (The nurses did, after they finished running out of the way and belly-laughing.)
:lol:

ReplyQuote