GN Smokers Support

287 Posts
41 Users
0 Likes
39.9 K Views
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Way to go dudes!

Great axe, tele. It actually fits softer rock just as well as blues and jazz, was amazed at how little it feedbacked considering it is a 100% hollowbody. Looking forward to some clips. :)

Vic: Sure, the Cube60. I'd personally go with the Vox AD60VT instead but those cubes are amazing as well. I remember my guitar teacher perfoming live with the Cube30, no complaints about sound at all. If you buy used make DARN sure you get the new models. Years ago roland also had a cube series without effects or modeling and you wouldn't be the first to get screwed.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great job sticking with it you guys! :D :D

Tele, that is a mighty fine looking guitar you rewarded yourself with. Congrats, you deserve it! 8) Can't wait to hear how she sounds. :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

OK inquiring minds want to know, how's it going everyone. I see on another thread that tele has had the flu and dropped some serious pounds. It has been over a week since our last update.
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well, even before the flu I didn't have any desire to smoke, practically crawled to the grocery store to get some juice and just the smell of cig smoke in the parking lot made me double over and dry heave. Can't see any smoking in my future

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm officially a non-smoker. Not an ex-smoker or a lapsed smoker, but a non-smoker. I don't even bother counting the hours or days anymore - irrelevant. I can go into a smoky room and it doesn't bother me, I can be around smokers and it doesn't bother me, I'm just totally indifferent to nicotine....

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Excellent guys!

I too am now a non-smoker. Went out this past weekend and hit a bar towards the end of the evening. It stunk and I had no desire what-so-ever to smoke. I think I've formed the new habits needed to overcome my old smoking habits. I haven't even used the patch for over a week.

I also have to think about how many days it has been when asked. (35 for those counting) :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Nice to hear that you are all doing well! Seems like once you get out of those habit things that it gets easier. Way to go!
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

Way to go, guys. It is so cool that you can have this memory of having quit with the comraderie of GN. This site is so excellent; it's nice to see your success in endeavours apart from playing guitar.

It's great to see others being liberated. It's all good! 8)

Ghost Rider 8)

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Excellent information, everyone!

I knew it wouldn't take long before the time frame didn't matter.

Awesome!!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I believe that congratulations are in order for everyone. Good job! I think it's great that your all doing so well. Keep it up!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Just dropping in for a visit. Congratulations to all of you. For the record, I quit smoking nearly 11 years ago. It's like a mountainous obstacle. Something that takes practice to perfect. Like all addiction, you are never completely free. I know that if I had a smoke today, I'd likely be back off the wagon. I just don't. Peace all.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@johnin510)
Trusted Member

Well, even before the flu I didn't have any desire to smoke, practically crawled to the grocery store to get some juice and just the smell of cig smoke in the parking lot made me double over and dry heave. Can't see any smoking in my future

Amen to that!! Been smoke free for 2 years.....3 years in May. Did not realize how bad cig smoke stinks until after you quit. :oops: :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

Just dropping in for a visit. Congratulations to all of you. For the record, I quit smoking nearly 11 years ago. It's like a mountainous obstacle. Something that takes practice to perfect. Like all addiction, you are never completely free. I know that if I had a smoke today, I'd likely be back off the wagon. I just don't. Peace all.

Hey Hueseph. How are you doing sans Internet? I read your final post, but was too late to respond. Your advice is so true. The realization that if you give in to a craving you will reawaken the monster is so true. Fortunately, the monster has a lot of persons to trouble: as such, her influence lessens daily. (mischeivous ghost!)

Take care all, hope you and your loved ones are happy and well...

Vic, Tele and Crank: I am proud. Hope you are doing well. Been away from GN for awhile....

Let's all take a collective deep breath, across time zones and accents...

Ghost 8)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Still not smoking not even a thought about it. Here is a link to a sound clip of the Ibanez AF75 I bought with the money I saved by not smoking

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=346892

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

8)
Nice guitar, Tele
8)

Congrats,
Ghost :D

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 20