Gotta love SRV.

30 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpCZR3BUDg&search=stevie%20goes%20crazy

Anybody else here treat their strat that way?

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

he played with 18's at times too. Thats gotta be torture on the neck!

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

He does get some pretty cool sounds out of that strat though. Whenever I try to do that I just get noise.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@prndl)
Reputable Member

Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Pete Townsend ... but they stole cheap guitars from pawn shops to break.

That looks like a very old Strat that he had forever and was used to beating it up.

I heard that it had fallen off it's stand and the neck broke. He was heartbroken, and Fender offered to put it in their new laser measuring system to make him an exact duplicate, which became his signature strat.

That might be just a story though, since I also heard that they don't make the fat "D" neck shape that the '60's strat necks had. Even reissues don't use that shape.

1 watt of pure tube tone - the Living Room Amp!
http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Amps/LivingRoomAmp.html
Paper-in-oil caps rule!

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

He might as well have just used aircraft cable! There are stories of his finger tips ripping open and then him pasting them back on with super-glue. :shock: That guy was a monster.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

There are stories of his finger tips ripping open and then him pasting them back on with super-glue.

Huh... I wonder if you could market that?...

For the low low price of 8 easy installments of $29.99 you can have these new amazing instant finger calluses for guitarists. SRV uses them, shouldn't you?

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
(@csmart01)
Estimable Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpCZR3BUDg&search=stevie%20goes%20crazy

Anybody else here treat their strat that way?
I almost bid on that axe on eBay... it said "hardly used" :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

He might as well have just used aircraft cable! There are stories of his finger tips ripping open and then him pasting them back on with super-glue. :shock: That guy was a monster.

Testamonial: The superglue finger repairs work really well ... and only sting for a moment.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member

Hahah yup, I heard of it once and have been carrying super glue in my gutiar case ever since, jsut let er dry and you got an instant calous

You would swear that thing is slieka crocodile on a leash with that tremolo lol

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

I've never seen him do anything like that :shock: I'm not sure whether to applaud or run and cry.

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Just awe... It's all you have to do...

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@improvgtrplyr)
Estimable Member

not sure i'm buying this.

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I have that DVD, that's part of his Third Stone From The Sun Hendrix cover but Stevie is absolutely on fire that night he plays behind his head, behind his back and he sounds just as good as he does playing it normally.

It's called Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble Live at El macambo, it's a fairly small gig so helpful if you want to learn his stuff.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@jonny-guitar)
Trusted Member

You know, how could a guy love his guitar and be that nasty with it? He seems like a really angry person to me, I don't know about you. I admire is technical ability. He is getting some truly amazing sounds out of that strat. But he's also a bit painful to watch. My guitar's my best friend...I couldn't treat her like that...

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2