Clear all

guitars!! and wat one to buy??

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@chris_skilton)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

You are right my parents will not let me *blow* the money but if u guys consider a nice new guitar *blowing* my money then oh well..... But now i have bought a new guitar *fender strat* within the £500 range i am happy. and with the spare money i will hold on to it for a new guitar later on in life.

Woot Woot!!

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

You are right my parents will not let me *blow* the money but if u guys consider a nice new guitar *blowing* my money then oh well..... But now i have bought a new guitar *fender strat* within the £500 range i am happy. and with the spare money i will hold on to it for a new guitar later on in life.

Well, "blowing" is a relative term. If you have 20 bucks to your name, hungry, and you clothes are tattered... You go out and buy a guitar.. You have blown your money.

If you have a savings plan, met all your obligations, and have some spare money then it doesnt matter if you go buy a reasonably priced guitar.

But the main point people were trying to make to help you, is that purchase a guitar that will be fun to play but not to go over board and buy the most expensive thing you can.

You purchased a reasonably price guitar and I applaud you for it. I couldnt have done it at your age, but now that I am OLD.. I sure can appreciate you doing it. You'll be much better for it down the line.

Congrats on the guitar.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Blowing would have been buying this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Engraved-Cross-Les-Paul-Special-SingleCut?sku=518469

But you made a great choice! Do you already have an amp?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

Or maybe his parents told him not to say how old he was, but at this age you always feel tempted to tell your age (I would know, I was his age on the internet before lol). Despite this, he still is unsure of what age to say he is. He might be 9, he might be 14. But lets go with 11....

If that's the case, Chris, if that's your real name, you shouldn't use your real name on the Internet. If you're only 11 or even 13 you should never give out any personal information. First name is ok, but don't use your last name.

Unless you're really like 40 and your just giving us a hard time :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Congrats on the new Strat
which model did you get?
is it new?
you need to post pictures now you know...

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

Buy a fully-automatic acoustic guitar. You deserve to treat yourself.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2