Clear all

He's at it again!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm sitting here watching Esteban on HSN right now and it's the best entertainment out there for free. The level of hookum and hucksterism is just unbelieveable. he has got to be my all time favorite comedian. Oh, that's right, he doesn't know he's a comedian!

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

(@mikey)
Reputable Member

I saw him on HSN the other night too. Next time you see him look at the volume numbers. They (HSN and Estaban) are selling boat loads. They were selling some "collectors" numbered edition. I was able to see inside and I saw that it was a run of 25,000 units. It seemed that they were keeping the quantity on this particular time slot to 5000. Five 30 minute slots and they will all be sold. That is amazing. 25000 guitars in 2 1/2 hours.

Do the math. 25,000 at $200 a piece. $5 million. Yes I know that isn't all his. But take out the raw cost of the guitar and stuff he gives you with it including the cost of getting it to America. Give HSN their cut and while we sit here and laugh at Estaban, Estaban is laughing all the way to the bank. This is just one model. He is always coming up with new models.

Yes, we'll discuss how they are poor guitars (although I understand they are getting better than the first models he rolled out). How you can do better for the money. How poorly made guitars might turn newbies away from playing guitar. Meanwhile those that call in seem to be pretty happy. But Estaban is no different than Tony Little and his exercise contraption ("You can DO IT !!!!"). Tony Little and all the other exercise gurus out there don't care if you get in shape. As a matter of fact they KNOW that 95% of the people that buy their workout videos, exercise machines, etc etc etc won't use the stuff past the first 30 days. They know it and they don't care. All they care about is selling it. Estaban is no different. The world is no different. Profit, profit margins and shareholder equity are the things upon which this world spins.

Just my two cents.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I cant believe hey are selling that many guitars.
I bet it is further hype.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

DB,

That was my initial thought. But if that was the case I doubt that Estaban guitars would have been the first product they would have done it with. HSN has been around for over 20 years. If pumping up volume numbers was a practice they used to create a "I gotta have one of those" herd mentality I think we would have heard about it by now. Too many years, too many employees, too juicy of a secret to keep. I could be wrong, millions of people are still waiting for the truth about the Kennedy assassination.

Mike

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote