Notifications
Clear all

How do you prefer to listen to music?

26 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Any format which I can sing along with, so that leave out headphones.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

like Bish, "LOUD" but not to the state where the sound gets distorted. I'm a great one for tone esspecially on my Buddy Guy and Clapton cd's, its music you feel as well as listen to. I like to feel the music with my heart and soul, just absorb that driving beat and rhythm. could you imagine a world without music ? Hell what would it be like, there must have been a time when there wasn't any. Say around 4000bc maybe, but then I guess the Egyptian's must have had something to keep time when cracking the whip on those por Israelites.

Seriously though, I have a pretty good cd player in my living room which gets cranked up occasionally and then there's the portable in the dining room for every day use. plus all the mp3's on the pc which gets fed through my amp and into the headphones so I don't disturb anybody late at night.

Rod. :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Live.
Sitting at a table near the soundboard in a medium sized blue-collar bar, with a dark ale in my hand.

However my current reality is MP3s on headphones 'cause my wife wants some peace and quiet after dealing with the kids all day.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Rodderswrote:

Say around 4000bc maybe, but then I guess the Egyptian's must have had something to keep time when cracking the whip on those por Israelites

LOL Rod,

Gets me to thinking of you listening to good old Desmond Decker full blast many years ago:

"Woke up in de mornin' slavin' for breakfast, oh oh oh de Israelites"

I know Reggae is close to your heart Rod , what about a tab of this in the ESD?

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

like Bish, "LOUD" but not to the state where the sound gets distorted. I'm a great one for tone esspecially on my Buddy Guy and Clapton cd's, its music you feel as well as listen to. I like to feel the music with my heart and soul, just absorb that driving beat and rhythm. could you imagine a world without music ? Hell what would it be like, there must have been a time when there wasn't any. Say around 4000bc maybe, but then I guess the Egyptian's must have had something to keep time when cracking the whip on those por Israelites.

Seriously though, I have a pretty good cd player in my living room which gets cranked up occasionally and then there's the portable in the dining room for every day use. plus all the mp3's on the pc which gets fed through my amp and into the headphones so I don't disturb anybody late at night.

Rod. :wink:

We need to get you a longer guitar cord so you can plug into my headphone amp and we can jam to the same feed at the same time! :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

bish, I need to introduce you to a friend of mine. His setup has two enormous JBL cabs, approx 6ft high and a pair of mono HiFi amps, each putting out 1000W (no, that's no typo!)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I know Reggae is close to your heart Rod , what about a tab of this in the ESD?

You never know what you might find here at Guitar Noise. This song already is written out with an MP3 over in a Guitar Column called "A La Modal."

Hope that helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

:D :D :D

Bish and I should get together!

My amps drive (V - that) and the 9 other speakers in my Intrepid. :twisted:

All that with my 15 band EQ sounds SWEET!

My moto - "If you're gonna play it, play it LOUD!!!"

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@raphael)

I love rap and rock, so I like it LOUD, LIVE and IN MY FACE, and that' the only way you can truly enjoy music.

At home on my massive home theatre system to the max to annoy my neighbours :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I prefer live music.

However, my favorite method at home is on our main theater system, lights low, cold beer, and cranked to just the right level to keep the neighbors from complaining. :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I listen to music on the drive to and from work. I am always feeling much better driving home, so the volume goes up considerably.

I will also put on a CD or cassette and listen with headphones when I go to bed. I keep it down low. But I find listening to music relaxes me and helps me get real sleepy. When I know I'm sleepy enough I take the headphones off even if the music is still playing.

ZZZZZZZZZ.................. 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2