I feel like Leopold Mozart....

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Just got back from a family wedding...

I'm really the first musician in my family. Had a great-aunt who played some piano, but I was the first one to set off on this weird life as a career. And both my sons, and most of my neices & nephews followed my lead to at least some extent.

Anyway...

My brother Joe has really kept up the family heritage (Irish). And his son, Andrew, is a stellar Irish dancer - and went to the world championships in Belfast a couple months ago. He didn't win there, but he did place 9th in the all-Ireland competition a week later.

Well, Andrew also plays music. And he decided to enter an Irish music competition. He won. He won again in the regional competition. And now it turns out he's qualified for the world champtionships there too - he'll be back in Eire in August, competing on both bodhran (the Irish drum) and guitar!

Anyway, I've had a few beers, so I'm probably not as coherent as I should be. But kudos to my young nephew - ya do me proud!!!!

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Rune
(@rune)
Trusted Member

Very awesome!

But... where's the videos & sound files? :D

It's a dry heat!

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

I LOOOOOOOOOOVEEE Irish music.

Thats so awesome man. I hope one day i have a nephew/son/younger relative that achieves something so good as i imagine you are absolutely brimming with pride.

I am in the process of putting a celtic rock band together at the moment, but good young musicians on banjos/bagpipes/accordion who are willing to rock out are hard to find.

Best of luck to your nephew.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations, Tom! Your nephew's clearly talented and accomplished -- very impressive.

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Way to go Team Tom.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote