12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yup, David's, complete idiot's guide.
I'm not used to winning stuff, so I was pretty amazed.
However, I will be honest and report that I'm considering passing it on to the bassplayer and bandmate my brother. Probably I will benefit more from it that way than keeping it to myself. Guitar, harmonica, ukulele and violin suffices for the time being...
Anyway, thanks a lot David. I'll see if I can make my brother pay us a visit from the Activebass forum in order to give a review.

Lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

But i thought that the results will be announced around 27-29th of this month ?

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Rahul, if I recall correctly there are two rounds of drawings for the bass book. Perhaps Larsko won in the first round, with the second drawing happening later in September.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

All right, Lars! Congratulations!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

There are indeed two separate rounds of giveaways. The first one was to subscribers of the Guitar Noise News, our free newsletter. That drawing took place on September 10 and the list of winners was put in the September 15 newsletter.

The second one (the current one, I guess I should say) is for Guitar Noise Forum members.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

How's the book going for you David? Good I hope.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

^
- he's giving it away instead of selling it it seems... :)

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

It's funny but I talked with Paul about giving away copies even before I had a contract. My capitalist gene needs some genetic rewiring... :wink:

Mr. Parker, sir, I've no idea how the book is selling. My editors seem pretty happy about things so far but I've not gotten any numbers. Will keep you posted, though. And hopefully I'll also have news about an electric guitar tutorial book sometime in the next two weeks.

Thanks for the support!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

And hopefully I'll also have news about an electric guitar tutorial book sometime in the next two weeks.

I can't wait for that one. It'll be a must purchase for me.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

What, no GAS, Lars? Haven't you learned anything? You've got the perfect excuse to add a nice new shiny four-string to your armoury......

Congrats on the win, anyway! And I think all of us here at GN would like to see Mr Hodges' book shift mega-units...

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

What, no GAS, Lars? Haven't you learned anything? You've got the perfect excuse to add a nice new shiny four-string to your armoury......

Congrats on the win, anyway! And I think all of us here at GN would like to see Mr Hodges' book shift mega-units...

:D :D :D

Vic

Uhmmmm, a bass guitar... hmmm... wonder what they cost... :roll:

afraid it has to come after a 12 string and an ES335 though.

That being said, I've been listening to Oscar Peterson trio lately - with that bass player, Ray Brown isn't it, ... some very cool playing :!: :!:

And off course we want the book to sell. Lots! If and when I let my brother borrow it, I'll see if i can bully him into posting a review at Activebass.com. That's where he hangs out, and I understand they are many and almost as nice as guitarnoise people :)

LaRS

ReplyQuote