Notifications
Clear all

Ibanez !!!!

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@kerro7)
Topic starter  

hi all. i want to buy a guitar, by the subject you will know its an ibanez i want. well the thing is i have been messing around with guitars for about 6 month. i did have one of my own but i sold it because i thought i would never be able to play this thing (to hard). but now i am really ready to do it. my friend had an ibanez that i had a few shots of and i loved it. the way it was small feeling and light in weight. can you help me in giving me a few pointers in what to get please. thanx

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

If you are set on an Ibanez then you really need to go to a store that carries them and try out the ones you like the most.

Hopefully one will stand out from the rest.

Personal tastes in guitars is so subjective, only you will truly know what feels right to you.

On another note, you are required to post pictures of any gear you aquire so we can all drool over it. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

welcome. by all means find a store and touch as many as you can.
it helps to have a criteria. questions to ask yourself:
what music do you like and want to follow. what sounds do you want to make. areyou open to other brands. does pointy or rounded matter.
do you know what the difference there in pickups.
do you know what to look for inguitar craftsmanship.
those things matter. searching this site will answer some things and bring up questions you may not have thought to ask.
with a little info under your kilt you will make wiser decisions and buy the best guitar for the money you have.
once in a store a salesperson may have an agenda. being armed with info will help steer them to find the best guitar for you.

you havent mentioned acoustic or electric?
that will help us help you.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@kerro7)
Topic starter  

yes its electric i want. the one my friend had was like a pinky colour but i cant find the thing anywhere. the thing with the ibanez is that when i play around with any of my other friends guitars it feels like i am over stretched at the top of the neck. the ibanez just feels comfy if you know what i mean, it feels like the neck is smaller. if there is any other guitars like that, that i should look out for tell me please and i will see what i think. coz ibanez is not exactly cheap. thanx all...

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I am a proud owner of an Ibanez Artcore AFS75T (I own the red model):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Artcore-AFS75T-Electric-Guitar?sku=519452

Don't let the looks fool you - it can play heavy just as easily as it can play jazz or rockibilly. The 2 humbucking pickups have a wide range of sounds. I love the thing. You can practice with it unplugged, since it is a thin hollowbody guitar, you can hear it well in a quiet room. And, I love the tremolo bar - much different than a Floyd Rose.

I picked mine up used for around $200! Go play one at the store, you might like it.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

yes its electric i want. the one my friend had was like a pinky colour but i cant find the thing anywhere. the thing with the ibanez is that when i play around with any of my other friends guitars it feels like i am over stretched at the top of the neck. the ibanez just feels comfy if you know what i mean, it feels like the neck is smaller. if there is any other guitars like that, that i should look out for tell me please and i will see what i think. coz ibanez is not exactly cheap. thanx all...

right on man. your statement about the neck feeling comfy is exactly what I am talking about.
those things are so critical to your playing experience. there should be other guitars that have narrower necks. guitars within brands do. Epiphones have simialr necks, but an Epi SG doesnt because of an SG's inherent design.
too bad you cant afford an American Tele. they have gorgeous feeling necks. I find them exceedingly playable.
not all Ibanez's have a hefty price. you could try looking at Harmony Centrals Users reviews. search for Ibanez. to be sure you'd jhave alot to read thru, but you might get some leads.

if you want that Ibanez you could look for a used one. they tend to be more affordable. the pinky (coral) color is rare. I wonder if Ibanez did a custom order. do they at all?
guitars are very personal. I understand your desire for a certain color. I feel the same way. I am lucky since I like blondes and sunbursts. lots of them around.
keep looking and save your lunch money in the mean time. you will find it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@kerro7)
Topic starter  

thanx alot dogbite. thats very helpfull. i am going to a guitar shop on satarday to try some out and see what i think. i will keep you all posted in what am looking at and what am thinking about getting. again, cheers all. :D

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Here I go again. :lol:

I'd look into Schecter's too. The necks are great and they have many different colors available. They are a great deal for the money. If you look up reviews online, you will see many people raving about them and also saying that they are comparable to guitars 3 times it's selling price.

Definitely worth a strum or two.

Good luck on your hunt!

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member

I have a s540 and while the pickups are a tad hot for me, its by far the most comfortable, easy to play instrument ive ever held. Ive played Low to high end Gibsons, Standard and American strats, even some PRS models and none of them can stand to the playability of this thing. The fretboard is wide enough with enough space between the strings that its easy to pick fast without hitting stray notes, and the neck fast as anything. With a change of pickups (btw someone helpp me out in my thread for that?!?!) this thing will be godly. Cept i have to explain to all my fellow musician friends why i have an ibanez s series and im not playing metal..:?

Look in pawn shops. Theyre youre best friend in alot of these cases. My guitar came from a pawn shop for dirt and is in perfect condition. I could probably resell it for $600 on ebay.

Happy Hunting!

"This is a public service announcement....with guitars!"

ReplyQuote