Clear all

Ibanez Suggestions

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've been thinking about this for a while and I think I want to create an "eddie" guitar. "Eddie" as in Iron Maiden (of course!). I have a Maiden magazine or two where I can get photos and drawings and I think it would be cool to collage a guitar and then lacquer it. With that said, I want to do it to a relatively inexpensive guitar with a "floyd"-like tremolo. I immediate thought of the Ibanez guitars since many have a Floyd or Edge trem, and they can be had second-hand for under $250...

With that said, I know NOTHING about Ibanez guitars. Zero. Any suggestions on a good model or two to look for? Pickups don't matter to me at this point. I just want decent playability and a floyd-trem. Thanks for any advice!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I had one of these for almost 30 days. It's a very nice guitar.

I wish I would have kept it but then I look at my blue one and think.....naaaaaaah

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=518871

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I had GC's made-for-them 420DMSQ or whatever. Double HH, same fretboard as the one Bish showed. Not sure why I bought it and it turned itself into a MIM Strat within months, but it was easy to play. If I had kept it, I would have likely changed the p/ups though. One thing though. It didn't matter how tight I got the string locks at the nut, the darned thing would go out of tune on the first bend.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

The RG series is probably 'it' for heavy metal, but man you gotta try an S series; unbelievably comfortable body!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote