Clear all

im very new to this

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@groovyness)
Topic starter  

heya

I have practiced on a bass guitar at school for a few lessons in music, now i have recently wanted to buy a bass guitar and learn. I have no guitar or any knowledge of bass guitars. I am planning to buy the things i need to learn after christmas and have group and one ond one lessons at a local music shop. I will have a budget about £150 to buy what i will need.
Has anyone got any recommendations of what to buy, what brand etc.
Any help is much appreciated
thanx

taylor x x

im just 13(just old enough to e on this site woo!) and already im in love with music and everything about it
xx

(@redpoint)
Reputable Member

I don't play bass myself, but my friend who played bass in two bands (one of which eventually spent money on some studio time) started with a Squier Affinity P-Bass, which he used for quite some time. He said it was pretty good. He didn't use the Squier for the record, but playing out he used the Squier.

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Fender-Squier-Affinity-P-Bass,-Black~ID~3423.asp It's only 117 pounds. I think the amp is $70 pounds. Hope this helps.

I'm not in the UK, so I don't actually know if that website's reputable... :)

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i just bought a bottom of the line Ibanez Soundgear. It sounds really great, is good looking and it has a thumb rest on it. It was $300.

ReplyQuote