Notifications
Clear all

In the moment...

36 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

DON'T smoke! I KNOW some of you freakin' idiots do...but DON'T! Your "end" may be simple enough for you...but not for those that want you around.
Cat

+1 please heed these words folks, quit any way you can, asap.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I can see that this post's got some legs...

I guess, returning somewhat to the topic, whatever is going on in your life certainly determines the "moment". Too bad it's rather long ago for most GNers to remember Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth". But as far as socio-political environments go...this one was pretty much on the money. Back then "the moment" was rather dire and desperate...

Any comments???

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Cat. it was a very alive and changing time. the cusp of a potentially new beginning. 'the dawn of Aquarius'.
finishing high school and going to college I was too young to vote, too young to legally drink, yet I was One A draft status for the Vietnam war. the day I got my draft card was the day my revolutionary spirit was born. I spoke up and marched and sat in.
the world has certainly changed from then to now.
however, the now is incredibly different from then. the future is going to be vastly different for the children yet to be born.
the resources the past has relied on and used will no longer be relevant.
it's scary and exciting.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I can see that this post's got some legs...

I guess, returning somewhat to the topic, whatever is going on in your life certainly determines the "moment". Too bad it's rather long ago for most GNers to remember Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth". But as far as socio-political environments go...this one was pretty much on the money. Back then "the moment" was rather dire and desperate...

Any comments???

Cat

maybe you can convince the young ones (heh, recalling Rik, Nige, Vyv and Neil!)to buy it on iTunes in order to learn the art of tastefully including natural harmonics in a tune. :wink:

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

. . . however, the now is incredibly different from then. the future is going to be vastly different for the children yet to be born.
the resources the past has relied on and used will no longer be relevant.
it's scary and exciting.
When growth is exponential . . . some things happen faster and faster . . .

at times it might seem like a roller coaster ride.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

maybe you can convince the young ones (heh, recalling Rik, Nige, Vyv and Neil!)to buy it on iTunes in order to learn the art of tastefully including natural harmonics in a tune. :wink:

You are referring to our contemporary version of The Young Ones on this site, huh? HOW do I do that without sounding like my father did???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as playin' with natural harmonics goes...geez, I'm quite in awe of Brian Wilson.

Cat

(The Young Ones. Remember the flood episode??????)

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3