John - Cynthia Lennon

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hi all,

Read a new book "John" by Cynthia Lennon whilst on holiday. Simply brilliant! couldn't put it down. I think this is the nearest we are ever going to get to the persona of the real John Lennon written by the person who loved him the most and lost.

A fasinating read and written by Cynthia so well that even though we all know the tragic ending to John's story, you keep praying as you read that they would reconcile. Its so good that at times I felt that I was reading stuff that could be still be very personal to Cynthia and Julian. Thank you Cynthia for allowing John's fans an inside look into your life with him and for exploding some of the myths and replacing them with the truth.

Read it everyone,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Yes, I'm looking forward to reading it. She's certainly one of the people who loved him most (I don't think I'd leave Julian, Yoko or Sean out of that equation). But advance reviews of the book were quite good too. It should be a real contribution to our understanding of Lennon. I've always had a great deal of respect for Cynthia -- she's been a real class act over the years.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

It's such a shame though that it's out now - 25 years after his death. Smacks of jumping on the bandwagon.

I'd like to read it myself though

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@the-slithy-tove)

It's such a shame though that it's out now - 25 years after his death. Smacks of jumping on the bandwagon.

Add to the fact that she wrote a book about him when he was still alive. Why another one? Why now?

My guess is it's about money... which is not necessarily a criticism, everyone needs to make a living. But it makes me question the content a bit.

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well guys, why so cynical?

All I can say is read it, then judge her motives for writing it.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote