Clear all

Just me alone

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@threegtrz)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Okay, I'm taking a cue from a reply on an earlier post of mine ("Lost Inspiration") and I'm working towards doing a solo acoustic thing. I'm just about done choosing songs I think will work and I've been practicing quite a bit to get everything up to speed. At this rate, I should be ready by early 2011. But I do have a few simple questions, mostly regarding execution.

1. Standing up or sitting? I have a nice stool which swivels and I would prefer using that to standing. Maybe to keep things more informal.
2. I have added "Freebird" to the repertoire mainly because I just know some wit in the audience will call out for it. Or do they?
3. I have a binder containing lyrics and chords to the songs. The more I practice, the less I need this. But if I have it with me in a live setting (visual aid in case of Sometimers disease) will it look lame?
4. When I finally commit to this and do a gig, I don't mind saying I will be terrified. I've got 30 years of gigs under my belt, but all in a band. Any tips on how I can keep my panic in check? :shock:

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Ok here are my personal opinions take them for what they are worth....not much

1.) As a listener I'd rather see you standing ( not sure why but I would) but I as player I know you'd probably be more comfortable sitting. I'd probably go for comfort at least on the first couple of times.

2.) I'd be that twit. I actually do it all the time at the open mic's I go to but I know the guys and I'm just busting them. But other than me I haven't heard anyone yell it out at any open mics but if you could pull it off that might go over well in that situation.

3.) I used to think and I would say yes if you playing with a band but the open mic's are alot looser so I'd say go for it.

4.) Not sure I've only done a couple pen mics and a party and all those times I was with a band and really never felt to nervous, but I'd probably be very nervous on my own. Start with the absolutely easiest song you know just to get the jitters out.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote