Clear all

LAG Guitars

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@oliver-85)
Topic starter  

Hello,

Been a while since I have been on here.............

What do people think of the following guitars, I tried 2 of them out on Sunday at Denmark St in london.
Ibanez RG170 and the LAG Arkane A200. The LAG is made of basswood compared to my squire strat which is adler and a more solid feel however it is heavier. I did find the LAG a bit light, but would this affect much?

My style of music ranges from oasis, dire straits, roxy etc. I tried some of Steve Vai's stuff but thats trying to run before you can walk.......

The ibanez was £200 and the LAG was £375.

Any sugestions?

Thanks

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I brought my son the Ibanez RG170 for his birthday earlier this year, and it's a great guitar. Fast neck, real comfortable to play, and the pick ups are decent too. The H-S-H configuration give a lot of tonal possibilities. (I even borrowed it for the GN Halloween Jam that you can listen to from the Online Jams/Collabs forum) I highly recommend it. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@oliver-85)
Topic starter  

Thanks, the ibanez felt a bit more sturdy. Its amazing what sound you get from different amps, I tried the ibanez through an amp for £1100 and it was so much clearer compared to my fender front man for £50 but you get what you pay for. The amp in the shop was huge tho.

ReplyQuote