Clear all

Links to videos on good gutair players

14 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

The honor of finding these links should go to Gerd at Slowhand Blues Guitar.
http://forum.12bar.de/viewtopic.php?t=22
Check out the BB king video ( a very good interviue and lesson)

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member

Great post,thank you!

GG

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Youtube Rocks! I think Teleplayer, and a few others already posted a few of these, but thanks none the less.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

That Yngwie Malmsteen video has to be the most boring video i have ever seen.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@phinnin)
Estimable Member

What a stud BB King is. Modest as hell but clearing a GOD. Everytime I hear him I am blown away by how simple but powerfull his music is.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, Yngwie stinks at the Blues. Can you say OVERPLAYS :roll:

The Cream video of White Room was awesome. Cream will forvever be my favorite Rock band.

And John Lennon plays some mean Blues with Eric and Keith Richards on Yer Blues.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Wow thats some serious tone BB has!!! Oh and what was he talking about with that less common progression? He mentioned the I-IV-V, then I didnt follow what he was saying after...

I think Ygnwie should stick to neo-classical...Although I must say I think this is an blues awsome lick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ll5fNNgiGw

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I think what BB said was that not all Blues are 12 bars. He said there are 8 bar Blues. That is true, there are 16, 20, 24, 32 and even odd numbered bars Blues songs.

Wasn't saying Yngwie isn't a great guitar player, but he overplays the Blues in my opinion. Blues is supposed to be simple. I would rather listen to BB King's simple runs than Yngwie anyday. Plus Yngwie uses way too much effects (IMHO). Listen to Eric Clapton on Yer Blues. Pure tone, no effects, maybe a little reverb.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I like Gerd's comment before the link to the Yngwie video:
Yngwie Malmsteen tries to teach Blues without success:

This cat has about as much business playing blues as BB does playing shred.

youtube has to one of the absolute coolest websites in the history of the internet.

ReplyQuote
(@hummerlein)
Estimable Member

I think what BB said was that not all Blues are 12 bars. He said there are 8 bar Blues. That is true, there are 16, 20, 24, 32 and even odd numbered bars Blues songs.

Wasn't saying Yngwie isn't a great guitar player, but he overplays the Blues in my opinion. Blues is supposed to be simple. I would rather listen to BB King's simple runs than Yngwie anyday. Plus Yngwie uses way too much effects (IMHO). Listen to Eric Clapton on Yer Blues. Pure tone, no effects, maybe a little reverb.

Yeah, shredding and tapping is the blues?? Hehe :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Not trying to put Yngwie down, but he can only dream of playing like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEsmv_IFE38&search=jimi%20hendrix

Watch this and tell me if Hendrix was overrated.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Oh yeah, I wasnt defending Ygnwie's blues playing - I agree, it sucks! I just thought that one lick was quite cool (the one in my previous post)
But his neo-classical is great obviously. I wouldnt say he uses many effects at all though, he just has some reverb with the occasional bit of slap-back delay - quite cool when he uses it with the volume knob to get an almost violin sound, like so:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kj-XKKwoBEA&search=malmsteen

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

That was the most emotion and soul that I have ever heard out of Malmsteen. Much better than than the normal finger drills played at 10000 bpm. Ya just gotta love the blues. It brings out the best in all of us. :)

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Simon

Yeah, that was good. I have always loved violin myself, so that was pretty cool.

I dunno, I think of the electric guitar as an instrument to play Rock, Blues, or Country. I would rather listen to someone play with fire and emotion like that Hendrix video than hear Classical stuff. Hey, they got nylon string guitars for that.

And I still say none of these shredders can play with emotion like Hendrix did. All the fancy effects in the world won't get you there if you don't have the soul for it. SRV had it too.

You can keep all these fancy super-noodlers. Give me Rock N Roll.

ReplyQuote