Clear all

London

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I didn't know where else to post this but this looks as good a spot as any.

It is hard not to notice the many GN friends on these boards from the UK. In light of the recent terror attacks in London I would just like to send my prayers and best wishes to those of you there and hope that you and your families and your friends are all okay.

As someone who works in lower Manhattan I know all too well the gamut of emotions that you go through when this happens, and how long it takes for life to get back to normal or almost normal. Yet we carry on with our daily routines because that is the best weapon against such senseless violence.

All the best,
Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

(@fireman-sam)
Eminent Member

Thanks for your wishes... I am sure those affected, and even those that are not, are thankful for your prayers.

I am an ex pat living in Melbourne Aust, and have several friends who had close calls, some on the train before the blast, and others who didn't go to work that day.

It is amazing, and mostly terrifying that in this day we are united on the basis of such grief.

Thank you again for your warm wishes.

Jita Kyoei - By helping others, we all benefit - Sensei Jigaro Kano (Founder of Judo)

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

Things are pretty much back to normal here now - a slight increase in security in London while the police try and suss who was involved, but the only people who are still raving over this are the media. London recovered in record time.

ReplyQuote