0 Likes
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Do-dooo-do-doo-do

Anyone remember that song?

(@yellow_tangerine)
Eminent Member

The muppet song? Also the one they've got in the Dr. Pepper commercials?

I used to watch the muppets all the time, but haven't in years. I think that's where it's from... I love it! :D

If you don't know where you're going,
Any road will take you there

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yah, for me, it sorta sticks in the mind.

ReplyQuote
(@yellow_tangerine)
Eminent Member

I was really little when they played The Muppet Show reruns on Nickelodeon. I do miss it! I even found some sheet music for the theme song at a garage sale and tried to get my band to play it. They were, uh, less than interested :roll:

But that Dr.Pepper commercial is hilarious. I saw it and started laughing uncontrollably, and my mom thought I had hurt myself. I guess she's not as "cultured" as us :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

mmmm Dr. Pepper :P

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I love Dr Pepper!

Funny though, that song was originally done for a 1968 Swedish 'Blue" Movie. The song sticks in everybody's head and I found several sites with posts by people who couldn't get the thing out of their head, and finally someone came up with the original writer and what it was for.

Totally weird.

I don't know how the Muppets go hold of it though...

ReplyQuote
(@yellow_tangerine)
Eminent Member

Since you brought it up, I've been singing it around the house, Driving everyone nuts. My dad said he first heard it on a Cadbury Egg commercial in the sixties, without the mah na mah na's, just the tune.

Very weird.

ReplyQuote
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

Man...people have made up a variation of that song just to annoy me about this girl I know (They think further ahead...if ya get my drift :wink: ) it goes...mona mona pi diii padibii mona mona (For slow people mona is the name of the girl :wink: )...what the heck is this? They need a trip to the songwriting section of this website. :)

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Funny i think of the movie "Anger Management" it reminds of the scene with the buddhist pana ka manana where the dude gets told his corky sister moans like a wildebeast :lol: :lol:

a classic moment. i laugh just thinking about it

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yah it's a weird, short, catchy thing - everything that's desired as far as "What makes a hit song?"

Hey, good to see you again Minus! How's it going?

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Hi Demo doing good thanks for asking. It turns out I'm not that good at quitting the guitar. After about 2 weeks of not playing or listening to any real music I slowly crumbled under the pressure.

I said to myself “if I play the acoustic it's OK but don't pick up the electric” that went on for a couple of days. And then as the powers that be would have it, I walk in to our local CD shop and what should I find? The Best of Black Sabbath. So now I'm firmly back on the road to addiction. If i lived in the states my next stop would probably have been the Betty ford clinic.

But I'm glad it sorted itself out. I still need to learn to relax and get loose with it all.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Demo doing good thanks for asking. It turns out I'm not that good at quitting the guitar. After about 2 weeks of not playing or listening to any real music I slowly crumbled under the pressure.

I said to myself “if I play the acoustic it's OK but don't pick up the electric” that went on for a couple of days. And then as the powers that be would have it, I walk in to our local CD shop and what should I find? The Best of Black Sabbath. So now I'm firmly back on the road to addiction. If i lived in the states my next stop would probably have been the Betty ford clinic.

But I'm glad it sorted itself out. I still need to learn to relax and get loose with it all.

Minus Human

Yah sometimes you have to give something up to find out how much you really love it. :)

Best regards

ReplyQuote
 R3d
(@r3d)
Trusted Member

OMG I love that song!! ahahah I have links to it so you can listen online if'n ya want. Also the video of the muppet's version.

ReplyQuote