Clear all

Mark Tremonti / Alter Bridge

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I dunno how many of you guys got this album already but i think it's bloody awesome. IMO Mark Tremonti is one of the Best guitarists out there hands down. The dude plays like more than six hours a day.
I read that during an interview as he was being questioned he keeps playing (unplugged) :shock:

i just got the album about 2 hrs ago.
So far the stand out track for me has to be "Broken Wings" the intro :!: :!:

You can clearly hear some Creed on there, the closing track "The End is Near " has a taste of faceless man from creed - which is also a good song.
There's one or 2 others aswell.
I think the new singer is also better than scott stapp

Point is it's a great disk. If you like this kind of music get it. you won't be dissapointed

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Great CD, but I never really had a problem with Creed either.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I'll have to check it out. Never got into Creed. Scott Stap's "eeehaw everytime I sing I'm gonna sound just like a donkey" voice was someting I couldn't get over. :shock: :lol:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I'll have to check it out. Never got into Creed. Scott Stap's "eeehaw everytime I sing I'm gonna sound just like a donkey" voice was someting I couldn't get over. :shock: :lol:

lol, i ahve the same problem with his voice, it sounds like he's singing with a frying pan stuck in his throat, or a frog or something :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Frying pan singing is not as easy as everyone thinks!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I purchased Alter Bridges' CD back in July after seeing them live at a local festival. They rock! Myles Kennedy is an awesome vocalist. (I had the same problem with Creed & Scott Strap's vocals as some of you also stated... yuk!) Check out the vids on their wed site: http://www.alterbridge.com/home.html Good stuff! I also recomend the August '05 issue of "Guitar One" magazine, that has Mark Tremonti on the cover w/interview & video lesson. 8) If they come to play near you, go check them out. Even better in concert!

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Ahh okay listened to the disk abit more today.

damn is all i can say.

Anyways i've been working on broken wings since last night when i get home in the next hour i'll be back at it :D

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Broken Wing is a cool song, but it's in a really really really weird tuning, it's in one of the issues of guitar one... it's like drop b or something,

Steve-0

ReplyQuote