Skip to content
The Greatest solo i...

Notifications
Clear all

The Greatest solo in guitar EVER played.

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Through my rockin songs I have come across the greatest solo ever. The solo in "Still of the night" by, "white snake." That solo has so much feeling in it. Its not only hitting all of the sweetest notes totally correct but he does it perfect and really fast. The guy is amazing. I would die to play like that. The beginning before the solo is sooo cool. God the guitar has SOOOOOOO much POWA!!!! Its amazing, i have been listening to it for like 30 min! Its so bad. Well i thought id post for something lol. :D :D

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

haha. It's awesome when a peice of music can do that to you isn't it? I'd say I agree about the song, but I don't, not really my style ya know? I know the feeling you have though, when it's just THAT amazing to you. I still love hearing EVH play Eruption, or Clapton's solo in Crossroads.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

yea eruptions amazing and all but see this is different. This solo has like so much "spiritual" moving power. Its amazing. I can just fall into it.! :D

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

Yeah, it's cool, and I don't really dig Whitesnake. Got a soft spot in my heart for that song, though. And say what you will, they guys in that band could play. Probably still can.

Another awesome solo is in Transdermal Celebration by Ween. It isn't fast, but it fits so perfectly and the tone is indescribable, gives me the chills. One of the reasons I decided I wanted to learn guitar.

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

It's good. That being said, to me whitesnake has always reminded me of people driving and/or fixing their trans-am in the 80's, but if that's your thing enjoy =P

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@grungy-grunge)
Estimable Member

:D never herd of that band but im gunna look them up right now

im not like them
but i can pretend
the sun has gone
but i have a light
the day is done
but im haveing fun
i think im dumb
or maybe just happy
i think im just happy..i think im just happy

ReplyQuote
(@grungy-grunge)
Estimable Member

wow man there r awsome!!! not the best for me right now cos im in a sad mood but still pretty rad!

im not like them
but i can pretend
the sun has gone
but i have a light
the day is done
but im haveing fun
i think im dumb
or maybe just happy
i think im just happy..i think im just happy

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

yea there a great band i love it. Another great solo that moves me is no more tears by ozzy is pretty good. :D

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

Any solo in any Ramones song is awesome!!! Oh, wait.... :lol:

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

"Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)"
Cliff Burton

Sure, it's a bass solo, but let's face it, half the guitarists I knew would always try to play stuff like Eruption (whether it was good or not is always up for question) but no one I knew even attempted that one... and whenever I hear it it makes me want to learn bass :)

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

CRAZY TRAIN :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

For me its either the first solo in November Rain by Guns n Roses, or (you have to watch the vid of this one to really appreciate it) the solo in Tender Surrender by Steve Vai.
You can easily find the video on Kazaa or something, maybe even Yahoo video search

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

For me, there are two songs I remember effecting me like that. The first is the Wes Montgomery's "Blue 'N' Boogie" off of the album "Full House."

The other was the first time I saw Bireli Lagrene. He's simply the best living guitarist, period. And hardly anyone in the USA even knows his name.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Freebird live.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I going to throw two names.

I'm not going to say that they changed my world but definitely left an impression on me. I don't know how many have heard of them. I don't even know what they are doing today as this was in the 70's when they had albums. :shock: Yes, I said albums. :)

I'm sure I should probably be slapped for insulting everyone's intelligence since most guitarists with any age on them should remember these guys. I guess having a rock background would have also helped.

Anyhow....

Pat Travers - Life in London (That album cover was so funny)

Earl Slick - Razor Sharp

Ok, let the berating begin. :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2