Clear all

3days Grace.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well ok. It was free. It was kinda fun but unfortunately not entirely as impressive as I was expecting. If you are wondering who 3Days Grace is, they had a cameo in the movie "Raise Your Voice" starring Hillary Duff.

We arrived in Toronto, Ontario on Friday afternoon and had the evening free to do as we pleased. Pepsi kindly gave us $250.00 spending money, which was better than a kick in the pants. The hotel was nice. The Courtyard Marriott in Downtown TO. right on Yonge street. Not the nicest neighborhood. I didn't see a single guitar shop while we were there.

The day of the show we arrived at The Mod Club, a small venue with a capacity of about 500, in time for soundcheck. They had pizza and wings for us. Yummy! Last nights dinner all over again. Once they got the general levels happening, we got to meet the band and get autographs and pics. A generally cool experience. They seemed like nice guys.

After an hour and a half break(they let us roam the streets of little Italy) we got in for the show. The Opening act (Idle Sons) I must say, were great! loads of energy and really catchy tunes. The bass player was a howl to watch.

I would like to say 3Days Grace were awesome but I just didn't feel inspired. All in all they put on a great show. Lots of energy and good audience interaction. The thing that blew it for me is that the material is generally uninspiring. The songs all seemed to blend in after a while. The stuff they wrote for the new cd was mediocre at best. The Lead singer's voice kept cracking. What can I say? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I thouroughly enjoyed my stay and the experience was kind of once in a lifetime. In that respect who could complain?
I'll try and post some pics.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Not the nicest neighborhood. I didn't see a single guitar shop while we were there.

That cracked me up! Only a guitarist would say that! :lol: :wink:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Thanks, I know I kind of bugged you to post about your trip - and I hardly know who Three Days Grace. I just like to hear about other's 'rockstar experiences' and I just thought it was so neat you won this trip! It definitely was a once in a lifetime opportunity and it was free! It sounds like you at least had fun and it is always nice to get away for a weekend. Were Idle Sons a band you just enjoyed watching that once or are you going to keep your eye on what they are up to?

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I think Idle Sons have more potential to be totally honest. They're better in their musicianship. I think, if it hadn't been for the soundguys toning down the quality, they would've easily outdone the headliners. Thanks by the way. It was fun.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote