Clear all

Metallica

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Cool video showing Metallica playing three of their instrumentals at an outdoor concert. Great close-ups. These guys are a bit scummy, but I love the guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXLXAI-Kl_E

Check out the fretboard inlays on Hetfield's guitar.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

Thanks for that link; I just spent several hours of my life watching Metallica videos and then some Ozzy Osbournes and forgot to shop for dinner! :P

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

These guys are a bit scummy, but I love the guitar.

Scummy?!? Nah, that's metal man!! :lol: Actually I'd say they look alot cleaner and normal looking now after cutting their hair than back then.

That video must've been around the time when they recorded the live VHS/CD set 'Binge and Purge', Pretty good stuff.

I was lucky enough to see those guys 3 times in concert. The last time I was about 5 people from the front, at one point I could've sworn that if I would've jumped up I could've touched Kirk Hammett's guitar. Me and my brother (another HUGE metallica fan) both have a pick from when Kirk threw out some extra picks at the end of the show: oddly enough they aren't picks that they use, they threw out these picks that have Metallica printed on them and on the back there is a St.Anger illustration, I think they use Dunlop picks. Still though, it was an awesome souvenir!

Anyways, I don't mean to gloat, I just wanted to express the sheer awesomeness of the band.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I like Metallica too. Call of Ktulu is awesome. I was just watching it last night thinking that they looked really scummy. I know, it was hot and they were working hard, but Hammet's got some band-aid on his hand and he's wearing those "spandex-black-jeans" and it kinda skeebed me out.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote