Clear all

MIM Strat upgrade

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

So I have a MIM Strat and i want to start upgrading it. I was thinking of changing the pickguard, pickups knobs, and maybe rewiring it. Does anyone know of any place you can find these items pretty cheap? I know a lot of people upgrade strats a lot and was hoping that someone that has done would recommend even further upgrades and/or improvements on the others I am planning on making.

Thanks a lot for reading.

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

What aren't you happy with that you want to change?

I'd start with just making sure it's properly shielded . . . that makes a huge difference on strats.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

It is shielded correctly but i want to make it more of my own instead of being just a stock guitar. I wanna start by changing small cosmetic things (pickguard,knobs) but eventually the sound to (pickups). Don't want to have the same guitar as everyone else i guess plus its cheaper than buying another guitar (hopefully).

Anyone else have suggestions or ideas? Mainly looking for places to buy stuff from and brands???

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Mainly looking for places to buy stuff from and brands???
I've heard a lot of recommendations from other GNers raving about Guitarfetish

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@sbreefer)

this is the best upgrade for a strat I have found.
http://www.axeguardz.com

New company and new product.... super awesome! not only cool looking but performance upgrade as well.

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I've heard of guitar fetish before but have never been there. I'm glad i've seen it now because those prices are a lot better than what i was looking at.

ReplyQuote