Notifications
Clear all

most annoying things...

79 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

So.......who else besides me has heard Static-X?

Sure thing. I don't thinkt they are that extreme, it's still melody-driven rock. I like the tunes and the guitars seriously rock, I just don't always appreciate the vocals that much. I like his singing on 'The Only' way better then his screaming on 'Destroy All', for example.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Margaret, just run down to the nearest friendly farm supply store and pick up a cattle prod. Problem solved.
:lol:

But I don't trust myself. I might get confused about which pet peeve I'm addressing and jam the cattle prod into the electrical socket..... :shock:

:twisted:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

So.......who else besides me has heard Static-X?

I have, and it caused me to buy a bigger guitar amp (me and my bro got to do the meet and greet and get our shirts signed by the band).

I have to agree on a lot of stuff, I am not into jimi or steve vai... but I do like les claypool (well, I love primus, and he's got a lot to do with the way they sound), my taste in music has always been somewhat varied, I went through a phase where I bought mostly slayer and doors albums. Since playing the guitar I've gotten a wider range of appreciation for different music than when I started...

Things I hate... I still can't play sweet home alabama or hotel california, I hate that (I bet there is probably a guitar noise lesson on at least one of those songs and probably both are in the easy songs catagory somewhere).

ReplyQuote
(@kickinstonesblu)
Trusted Member

Seems like every time i'm somewhere and someone else breaks out a guitar and as soon as i try to tune it.... I break one of their strings. HATE THAT. Just can't play it if it's not right.

KSblu

If I don't remember it....It didn't happen

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Those .010 diameter holes I get in my fingertips when I'm changing strings. That's why I love the slotted post Fender type tuners...but not all my guitars have them.

I remember squeezing my finger once after the puncture - people say you're supposed to squeeze a small cut or pinprick for some reason - so I did, and then I got a .010 wide strip of blood on my glasses.

That was kinda cool.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

One of the things that annoys me the most is that one day your fingers move exactly how you want them to, everything you hear in your head, you play, and there's nobody on planet earth playing better than you are right now. Then the next day, your fingers move exactly where you don't want them to, nothing you play sounds like what's in your head, and everyone on planet earth is playing better than you right now. I don't know why this happens, but it does.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Things I hate... I still can't play sweet home alabama or hotel california, I hate that (I bet there is probably a guitar noise lesson on at least one of those songs and probably both are in the easy songs catagory somewhere).
Considering that the well known recordings of those songs are played on three guitars for Sweet Home Alabama and two for Hotel California, I don't think it's going to be easy to play them alone and sound like the record. You can come up with solo versions of them. Not necessarily easy.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Android guitarists and other "musicians" who believe that a tune MUST be played note-for-note per some "original" version. Wake up people!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Android guitarists and other "musicians" who believe that a tune MUST be played note-for-note per some "original" version. Wake up people!

Amen, preach it brother!

Musicians are artists who make music . . . if all you want to do is reproduce other people's music, be a dj (and not the kind that takes talent at that!)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

plus one biggy on that :!: :!:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Oh, I don't disagree. Nothing I play sounds like the original. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

six months in and this rarely happens now...i have new things to annoy me :roll:

but my pet hate was the way i'd jam the pick and it would fall in the sound hole....then the really annoying part....like the toy/game of getting the ball bearings to drop into holes.....wiggling about and shaking the guitar upside down.....GRRRRRRRRRRR!! :x :x :x

When I was young, I used to purposefully do that when my dad was playing. Then he got a solid body electric.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I hate people that go to concert's with you and want to leave before the show is done. The bands play their best songs before the end of the show. It's a free show..........with Collective Soul..........playing Heavy...........on New Years Eve......on national TV......and you wanna leave? That's crazy.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I hate people that go to concert's with you and want to leave before the show is done. The bands play their best songs before the end of the show. It's a free show..........with Collective Soul..........playing Heavy...........on New Years Eve......on national TV......and you wanna leave? That's crazy.

Yeah, that is bad. I used to go to baseball games with a guy who would always want to leave after the 7th inning no matter what the score was. Drove me crazy.

Also, people who talk during concerts are incredibly annoying. Presumably, you paid good money to see a band play, so why talk through it? And it's just rude to those sitting within earshot of the conversation who don't want to hear some strangers yapping.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

OWA,

I know where you're coming from and I sometimes feel the same way. there's not much "heavy" music talked about on this site and I have to agree most of the guitarists that are mentioned never did much for me. And I also have the same problem when I jam with my friends. Now I'm older than you and most of the guys I jam with are into classic rock, blues and althought that music is OK, I want to really play some heavy stuff cranked up real loud.

And I have heard of and seen Static-X before, not that they are my favorite band either, but I do like disturbed. I also like some of Shadows Falls music.

King/Gnease,

Now your statements about "android" guitarists playing note for note solo's kinda rubs me the wrong way...I aspire to be one of those. That statement to me reaks of elitism. So what if I want to play solo's note for note the way the originals were done, what's wrong with that. Now I would never say that it would make me a well rounded "musician" but I can't beleive that learning all the solo's etc wouldn't go along way toward developing someone as a guitarist.

When I go see bands in bars (cover bands) I want to hear the songs played they way they were originally recorded. That's why I liked them in the first place. Most of the time, but not always, someones interpretation of a song is never quite as good as the original.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6