My daughter singing what do you all think? New link

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Of course I'm alittle biased. I took about 5 different videos but it seemed to take forever to upload to Facebook and this isn't the best but I think it's pretty good these two sound great together.

https://www.facebook.com/video/editvideo.php?v=10150487390301220#!/profile.php?id=698201219

Video title is Trinity on Main

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I think she can sing. :D

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

She is VERY good!!!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys I wish I had her talent she's the artistic one in the family paints, does sculpture. I've been trying to encourage her to sing more but she says she's nervous...I don't know why.

The guy in the video can really sing to I'm hoping they do something together they have some great harmonies.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm thinking.....WOW! Her phrasing is excellent, voice is clear and sweet, and unlike most youngsters (how old is she, BTW?) you see on those dreadful "talent" shows, she isn't singing down her nose....it's coming from the diaphragm. And the heart, too, by the sound of it. VERY impressed!!!

(Thinks to self....Vic, Chris is a mate. Don't BS him, or tell him what he wants to hear....give him an honest, constructive critique, like you would if you were reviewing a set of lyrics or an MP3 for the SSG. Don't hold back....he'd rather you were straight with him.)

OK, the no-holds-barred HONEST critique.....

I'm thinking.....WOW! Her phrasing is excellent, voice is clear and sweet, and unlike most youngsters (how old is she, BTW?) you see on those dreadful "talent" shows, she isn't singing down her nose....it's coming from the diaphragm. And the heart, too, by the sound of it. VERY impressed!!!

Girl's got some talent, Chris!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Vic I know you would be someone that would be straight up but even if you didn't like it I still would (she is my daughter I I have too...Ha)

She's 30 so not a kid but she has had that voice since high school she has just never done anything with it.

I've always encouraged her to sing but she says she always felt nervous, she has done some open mics doing her own material but hasn't done much of that lately.

She is the kind that has like 15 projects going on at once. She's trying to open a restaurant, artsy kind of thing now.

Unfortunately she didn't get her talent from me I'm just a regurgitator lucky enough to find a few guys that will put up with me.

I really hope she does more with the guy in the video he can sing really well too.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I don't see the video. do I have to be logged in to see it?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Roy here's another link

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/cnev1/?action=view&current=MOV008.mp4

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

That was really beautiful :)

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Roy here's another link

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/cnev1/?action=view&current=MOV008.mp4

Ha! Now I can hear it too. :D

She sounded good to me. The quality of the recording was such that I couldn't make out the words that either of them were singing, and the start sounded a little bit tentative, but the overall effect she was creating sounded great. I'd be very happy to have that sort of ability.

I hope that you remember to tell her that her singing has gone around the world and that she now has an International Fan Base (if she didn't before...). :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Chris thanks for listening. It was recorded on a video camera that I was handed so I'm not sure about the sound quality. The song is meant to start out very soft and obviously it was lost in the recording.

I'm trying to convince her to do more with her singing.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

cnev, she's got a very nice voice with great dynamics. Bravo!!!! Very impressive, indeed. 8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote