Clear all

My new lodger.........

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It would seem I have a lodger. Strange, because I haven't bumped into him yet - and I'm sure I'd recognise him if we did meet. Anyway, his post arrived this morning.....

and not just one letter, but two....

Well, I'm going to see if he's hiding in the attic. Time for my guitar lesson, I think....let's see....Dm, Am, Dm, Gm, Gm7, Dm, C, Bb, Am and up to the tenth fret for another voicing of Dm. Yep, think I've got it......Carlos? Is that right?

I suppose the only other explanation would be a case of mistaken identity....'cause everyone knows what a fab guitarist I am. In my dreams.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

:lol:

However, it is curious that the name was Carlos Santana, a guitar player!

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Count me in for the next GN Brit jam, Vic! :)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Watch for packages from PRS.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Watch for packages from PRS.

Oooh, yes please!!! Bring 'em on!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I seriously have to question if you are truly Vic Lewis. I think you have been fooling us all along and VL is just a guise to conceal who you really are! It all fits together nicely now.

1- The music theory knowledge
2- The blazing speed in which you navigate the fretboard
3- Your catalog of songs

What a fool I've been. To think, we have been chatting with a legend all these years. :roll:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The music theory knowledge

Music theory - moi? You have to be joking! I've picked up a few things about chord construction over the last few years, but that's pretty much it. I don't actually know a single scale.....
The blazing speed in which you navigate the fretboard

Now I KNOW you're joking! I've seen snails with dark glasses and white sticks, accompanied by guide slugs, move faster. I have two speeds; dead slow and treacle downhill. And it's not so much "navigate" as haphazard guesswork - more like sticking pins in a map.

Still haven't found him - and there are no strange guitars hanging around, either. No mysterious SGs or PRSs......drat. I did hear "Black Magic Woman" on the radio this afternoon, though. At least I THINK it was the radio.....

:D :D :D

Vic

ReplyQuote