20 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Heck, i may pick up a couple of these for teaching my kids. :roll:

http://www.angelfire.com/music4/ezchord/ezchorddemo.MPG

"Patented E-Z CHORD device attaches to almost any guitar in just a few minutes & gives you INSTANT SUCCESS. E-Z Chord replaces difficult finger moves with just four numbered buttons. All you have to do to change chords is push buttons at the right time. In the past, many people gave up trying to learn the guitar because it often took months, several expensive lessons, repetitive practice & sore fingers, with little to show for their efforts. Now anybody, even young children, regardless of age, time, talent or temperament (YES, EVEN YOU!), can play their favorite songs immediately."

#4491....

(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Do you have one of those that I can solo with? :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

One of the best innovations of all times, which needs to be immediatly banned.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

They've had a one-finger device for duplicating guitar solos for years....

:)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

They've had a one-finger device for duplicating guitar solos for years....

:)
WOW!!! Talk about Vintage Gear!!!!
Do you still have the Atari 400/800 series Computer that was designed for???

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Hummm..

It may be a good short term solution for beginner, but practicing 80 hours with that thing will not help them to learn of to play guitar.... This is just an easy sound maker..

Looks like you can play, but you're just pressing some button

Come on beginner, be patient and learn how to play without that thing :wink:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hummm..

It may be a good short term solution for beginner, but practicing 80 hours with that thing will not help them to learn of to play guitar.... This is just an easy sound maker..

ok this is really not needed here and very close to thread trolling. if you want to waste your time "learning how to play" then go right ahead, that doesnt mean the rest of us don't have something better to do. :roll: :wink: 8) :twisted:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

Nothing at all wrong with it.

I've never felt the need to burn harpsicords on sight nor do I attack blues harp players over chromatic harmonica players because they can stay in key too easily. :)

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Hummm..

Should we also ban open tunings and capos ?

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Am I the only one who thinks that device looks very confusing? :? I mean, I can play those chords with just one finger too, in open tuning. And I can play a lot of chords I guess that device cant. Am I suppose to move that thing if I want to change key?

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Am I the only one who thinks that device looks very confusing? :? I mean, I can play those chords with just one finger too, in open tuning. And I can play a lot of chords I guess that device cant. Am I suppose to move that thing if I want to change key?

There is a complete set of instructions with each one sold. Let us know what you find out. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@catherinee)
Eminent Member

I need to get a bunch of those for my second graders. Their fingers just do not want to do chords. But then again I would want them to get dependent on the EZ chord thing either. I would just use them until their fingers grew bigger. I have a 6th grade student who is not able to move her hand and this might work for her because she might be able to use the momentum of her arm to make her hand hit one of the places for the finger. How hard do you have to press on that thing? She is currently playing right handed and has a pick assist for her right hand ( the one she can barely move) but I could switch her to left handed guitar and have her use the EZ chord thing and strum with her good hand. I don't know. Any suggestions? The pick assist isn't really working.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

the linky below the picture is a short clip of some guy using this thing.
not sure how hard you have to press, but it doesn't look like you press too hard.
i can see where in the case of a handicapped person, or maybe someone who is mentally not able to play that this could be a good therapy , but beyond that i think that it's pretty bogus.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I need to get a bunch of those for my second graders. Their fingers just do not want to do chords. But then again I would want them to get dependent on the EZ chord thing either. I would just use them until their fingers grew bigger. I have a 6th grade student who is not able to move her hand and this might work for her because she might be able to use the momentum of her arm to make her hand hit one of the places for the finger. How hard do you have to press on that thing? She is currently playing right handed and has a pick assist for her right hand ( the one she can barely move) but I could switch her to left handed guitar and have her use the EZ chord thing and strum with her good hand. I don't know. Any suggestions? The pick assist isn't really working.
Perhaps a quicker fix would be to consider an ebow for her right hand.
http://www.ebow.com/ebow/brochure.htm

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I need to get a bunch of those for my second graders. Their fingers just do not want to do chords. But then again I would want them to get dependent on the EZ chord thing either. I would just use them until their fingers grew bigger.

Catherinee, I've had students as young as four - with little kids, I start with one finger chords. With xxx010 as a C chord and xxx001 for G7, they can be playing simple songs right away, and developing the motor skills to move from string to string.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2