Newbie AMP question

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Dgar
(@dgar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Any thoughts on the Fender DSP 30 Acoustomatic amp, I'm a total newb when it comes to anything plugged in, I'v allways played unplugged.

There is a local guy has one of this amps; It's a year old, and he's asking a 150 dollars less than a new one.

if you can make any suggestion they would be appreciated, I'm just looking for an amp to play around the house, something I can twick the sound with would be cool.

Thanks......
David

PS. sitting ay home waiting on Fed-ex.... new guitar is in route :D

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Acoustomatic

Do you mean Acoustasonic? If so, I had one; thought it had a very good sound. I sold it to a fellow forum member as I just wasn't using it enough. It's loud enough to fill a modest sized room or small coffee shop with no problem. The effects are okay, just a very light touch of reverb and chorus went a long way. The only thing I didn't like was the 1/4" unbalanced line out, which was buzzy.

$150 off the new price ... let's see, new is $350 now; I'd say $200 seems very fair for a year-old one. I think I sold mine for a little less, but I didn't pay anywhere near $350 when I bought it new several years ago.

That being said, if you think you'll be playing out much with it, especially if you're playing with others, I'd look for something with a bit more juice.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I just bought a new Behringer Ultracoustic 108 15-watt for AUS $149, so that might be about $120 US. It's sufficient for around the house - it improves the tone of my Cort SF-5X (which is in dire need of a change of strings) (the Cort I got afew years ago for AUS $800, now because the Aussie dollar has increased in value you can pick it up for AUS $550 :cry: ). THe Fender might be a lot better amp though, I don't know, but this one suits me for now. :)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

That sounds very reasonable, Fender makes good quality amps that normally last many, many years.

That said, I am also a big fan of Behringer, their acoustic amps are very popular and have many features. Probably the best bang for your buck out there. I don't know about their acoustic amps, but I own much Behringer gear and have never had problems with any of it. But I doubt Behringer construction is as good as Fender.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Dgar
(@dgar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the advice, Ill look at the Behringer amps as well.

Side note: new guitar arrived today....... Dinged at the bottom at the binding :cry: , gotta send it back. It's a small ding but it will bug me ARRGH!

ReplyQuote