Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

And the amp? Perhaps into the bidet?

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Two answers.

1 - No, you've got less than two thousand posts.

2 - Yes, you are hopelessly addicted and should give up all pretense of leading a normal life. Whatever that is.

Here's a couple of questions;

1 - Your girlfriend mentions there's a new Mel Gibson film and she'd like to go to the cinema, subtly hinting at various carnal pleasures coming you way if indeed you treat her. Do you: A - Think only to please her and take her to the movies, or B - At the mention of the name "Gibson" you immediately think of that Les Paul that's in stock at your local shop and head off to there instead, leaving girlfriend staring open-mouthed after you?

2 - Do you spend most of your income on A - Food, utilities, rent etc or B - Strings, picks, slides, leads etc.

3 - The power goes off suddenly while you're watching TV. You trace the trouble to the fusebox. As you find the little card with the fuse wire wrapped round it, you notice that one wire is roughly the same gauge as a plain third string for your electric guitar. Do you A - carry out the repair to the fuse box and continue watching TV, or B - cut a length of fuse wire, attach one end to something resonant like a chest of drawers, wrap the other end round a ring pull, and sit in the dark plucking the fuse wire, experimenting with vibrato, pitch, etc?

If you answered all A's, or mostly A's, you're a normal bloke. Whatever that is. If you answered all B's, boy are you in trouble - you've got it bad!

Now why are you even reading this? Go practise guitar, why don't you?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Had a girlfriend a while back but didn't work out and my new girlfriend has 6strings and nicer curves then my real gf had LOL.

Glad you mentioned six strings...

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

A somewhat serious comment for such a lighthearted topic: if you spend 12 hours a day practicing I'm sure you'll end up as one wicked guitar slinger but you'll have nothing to play about. I warmly suggest spending only a few hours at most playing guitar and the rest getting hurt. Being dumped by a girl is a good idea, try to have it happen on a monthly basis if possible. Any time left should be spend on being careless with both your money and your health, as you gain experience you try to combine all this. A good pattern would be spending insane ammounths of money on a girl as soon as it's close to a relation, keep it going till you run out of money, get dumped and drink huge ammounts of Jack Daniels for a week. Write a song about it, rince and repeat.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Being dumped by a girl is a good idea, try to have it happen on a monthly basis if possible. .

:lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Got to pay the dues if you wanna sing the blues, and you know it don't come easy...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote