Clear all

Oops....Ebay

14 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@thectrain)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

So I started browsing ebay. Next thing I know I had 19 things I was bidding for. The good news is I put rediculously low bids on them($5-$15 for things worth much much more then that). So I've lost most of those....

Except I came away with a wireless system for $37 new(Regular $90 as online stores). It is not going to be a good one but it got some average reviews and for $37 I can't argue. I also came away with a new v-amp 2 for $70 which also i'm not sure I need but it might be good for recording and maybe i'll find a way to incorporate it into my pedal board by making a bypass switch.

Anyway the moral is... I should stay away from ebay. It could make me a broke man pretty fast.

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

The V-amp is a neat toy to mess around with. I picked one up on E-bay back in June, and I have a lot of fun with it.

Anyone I nkow who has used wireless on stage loves it (assuming it's a good unit) and doesn't want to go back to wired.
You may want to buy some shares in Duracell, though. :)

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Oooooo Ebay G.A.S., bad bad bad.

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

You got that right - I spent three weeks on Garden Leave between jobs recently and courtesy of Ebay I acquired Danelectro FAB Metal, Flange and Overdrive pedals, a Zoom 504 multiFX for accoustic guitar, a Zoom 505 and 510 multi FX boxes for electric, and a Zoom 506 multiFXfor my son's bass. I also got a Zoom 2100 loop recorder and player - nothing cost me more than £25 and I got a couple of bits from Ireland for 20 Euros or less.

There ain't enough hours in the day to play with them all.

Best,

A :-) - but slightly more skint than I used to be.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

You got that right - I spent three weeks on Garden Leave between jobs recently and courtesy of Ebay I acquired Danelectro FAB Metal, Flange and Overdrive pedals, a Zoom 504 multiFX for accoustic guitar, a Zoom 505 and 510 multi FX boxes for electric, and a Zoom 506 multiFXfor my son's bass. I also got a Zoom 2100 loop recorder and player - nothing cost me more than £25 and I got a couple of bits from Ireland for 20 Euros or less.

There ain't enough hours in the day to play with them all.

Best,

A :-) - but slightly more skint than I used to be.

Geeeez Alan!!!

It sounds like you're keeping them in business.

Although I have to say I think as a male guitar player you get off lightly.

Not only do female guitar players have all the guitar goodies on Ebay, but then there are shoes, boots, shoes, pointy boots mmmm, shoes and the promise of magic knickers.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Not only do female guitar players have all the guitar goodies on Ebay, but then there are shoes, boots, shoes, pointy boots mmmm, shoes and the promise of magic knickers.

I realise I might regret asking, and I'm old enough to have heard it before, but what are magic knickers?

A :-)

I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

I realise I might regret asking, and I'm old enough to have heard it before, but what are magic knickers?

Underwear with a pannel at the front that is 'supposed' to hold your stomach in to make you look slimmer by up to 5/10 lbs.

LIES!!!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I'll stick to buying guitar kit then.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Underwear with a pannel at the front that is 'supposed' to hold your stomach in to make you look slimmer by up to 5/10 lbs.

LIES!!!

Hum, will those only work on women? I'm getting G.A.S.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

LIES!!!

Hum, will those only work on women? I'm getting G.A.S.

Geoo

I think they are marketed more towards women, but I would assume that they work on any stomach, be it female or male.

A cautionary note though, be you a male with magic knickers, it won't just be your stomach that gets squished... Ouch!

ReplyQuote
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

I'll stick to buying guitar kit then.

Good Plan! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Ctrain: The V-amp does come with a footswitch with bypass option, press both at the same time and the amp/cab sims with all their settings are off. You can still use the effects if you'd want.

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

Hmmm...did you regret asking?

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Ctrain: The V-amp does come with a footswitch with bypass option, press both at the same time and the amp/cab sims with all their settings are off. You can still use the effects if you'd want.

Press both what at the same time?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote