Clear all

Opinions on Dean Edge 1 Bass Guitar?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone have an opinion (good or bad) of the Dean Edge 1 bass guitar? I have a chance to buy one at a pretty sweet price and I don't think that I can pass it up. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but if it's as good as advertised I will jump on it. I tried to take bass lessons some years back, but didn't like the attitude of the "snot-nosed 16 year-old" that was my teacher. In retrospect, he would have probably been able to teach me a lot if I had been more open minded. :oops:

Jim

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I tried it when shopping for a bass myself. Being the cheap-ass student I am I ultimately went for the Edge 09m, which is half the price. In retrospect I probably should have spend the extra $100 and went for the Edge One. I'm not an expert bassplayer but the 09 is 'good for a first introduction' but I can already notice how the setup and construction is below-par compared with the Edge One.

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks as always for the response, Arjen. I hope to look at it tomorrow.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Well, I went to take a look at it. She was pretty dang beat up. And I'm not talking about some scratches. There were some fairly deep dings and someone had tried to patch and paint over them. Not so good on a transparent blue finish, so I didn't even get someone to take her down for me.

Jim

ReplyQuote