Clear all

Panic! At The Disco...and the dresden dolls

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

caught the Panic at the Disco show last night. I felt old, (even thugh I'm 23) surrounded by screaming girls about 13 years old. they're a decent band, a little generic, but they were obviously having fun and i enjoyed myself.

The Hush Sound opened, they were pretty good. I will buy their Cd now...

but i LOOOOOVED The Dresden Dolls. any fans here? thoughts?

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Coin-Operated Boy right? Pretty droll -- I'll listen for more Dresden Dolls.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'm a big Panic! At the Disco fan. I don't think they're the least bit generic, they get compared to Fall Out Boy a lot, but it's only because they were signed by them.

How many modern bands use electronica, accordian and string arrangements in the way they do? The singer also plays cello, so I'm hoping that might become a predominant instrument in their music.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

as a fan of both Panic and Fall Out Boy, i really think they sound the same...I thought Panic was Fall Out Boy, and I thought, "wow, when did they put out a nw album?" don't get me wrong, i love Panic, it's a great album, but i still find them to be a run of the mill pop band. they did do a wonderful cover of Karma Police though. And a nice cover of Tonight Tonight. Their keyboardist dd some nice cello on that song.

Coin Operated Boy is far from the best Dresden Dolls song. My favorite is "Sex Changes". I just think they have a pretty unique and bizarre sound.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote