Clear all

Plenty to Lose

523 Posts
57 Users
0 Likes
80.4 K Views
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Alright, I don't smoke. Nor do I drink. So I guess it's going to have to be the diet thing that gets the resolution take. Anyone with me?

Seriously, I could stand to lose fifty pounds or so (I'll settle for the fifty but I should work on the "or so). It's funny, when I first moved to my new place I dropped thirty pounds but I've put twenty-five of it back on in the last eighteen months. Need some focus.

I'm smart enough to know that it's better to drop two pounds or so a week rather than to crash. So every Sunday I'll post in. And every time I want to snack... :wink:

Weighing in at 245.

Peace

(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Well I just started a 16 week fitness challenge with a bunch of others at our local gym. I am GOING TO lose 29 lbs. in 16 weeks. My taget weight is 173 BTW that is the upper best weight for my height at 5'10". Count me in David. Want to do the 1/2 marsthon 10 minutes faster than my last time two years ago. Stopped smoking again 4 months ago Just hope I don't die TOO healthy.
Current weight 202 lbs.
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

David, if you need any help let me know...I am at a healthy 210lbs right now so I am not going to lose any but any advice you may need let me know.
When I used to powerlift I weighed 235lbs but I was solid. I could use some toning now but 210 is good for me.

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

My suggestion is this. If you aren't willing to change your lifestyle after you lose the weight, don't lose it in the first place. It's dangerous to keep losing and gaining weight. If you're going to lose it though and keep it off, that's great. Watch the simple carbs (mainly meaning sugars) and ease into everything you do (weather it being diet or cardio don't do something like drop 500 calories off your diet in one day and start running 3 miles a day from nothing. Ease into it.) Good luck to ya, I used to be 190 at 25% body fat when I was 16, now I'm 18 and am at a comfortable 165 at 11%.

edit: also remember, food is just like smokihg. The more you get over the cravings for something "bad" the easier and easier it'll get (the first 50 or so cravings are going to be bad, but use your willpower.)

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

Im with you too David.

Im at 225, 6'1''.

I would like to get to 200, which is a good weight for me.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm with you. 5-10, 254. Sooner or later, this weight is going to turn my baseball game into crap. As soon as I'm cleared, it's excercise 6 days a week.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I want to lose at least 50 pounds. So I'm starting to keep a journal of every thing i eat( if you bite it-write it) and work my way up to 1/2 hour a day of mod. exorcise( I have a schwinn Airdyne). --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i think i stand here as a small guy ...5'7 weighing 180 pounds and i know i gotta shape up that protuding belly of mine.

Eating less of carbs and eating more of salad...cucumber may help..it actually did me earlier but i was smarta$$ enough to knock it off after a couple of weeks.

Now i need to control my diet...:oops:

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Funny enough I started excersizing to keep me occupied while not smoking. I need to drop about 25 lbs. All I do at work anymore is sit. Probably will be more than that by the time the cravings for a smoke are gone but might as well junk all my bad habits at once

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I'm in on this one with you David. I weigh about 212 but I need to be closer to 175 atleast. My main problems are chips and beer. I eat decent meals each day but at the end of the night I get bored and lonely and chew on chips. Well, the beer part is just part of being a brewer. Not sure how to get past that one.

I tried alot last year to lose the weight but 200 is like a HUGE wall for me and I could never get under that. I got very discouraged and gave up. I had even worked myself up to running a couple miles every other day or so.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Well, bad timing for me since I have just about reached my goal of getting down from 190 to 176 since Thanksgiving. Oh yeah, I am 5' 10". I will however join in just to lose one or two more and maintain it and also support you folks.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I really don't mean to p**s you all off, but as one of those lucky people who can eat like a horse and never put an ounce on, I'll pass on this one...if anything, I could stand to put a couple of stones on....

Heaviest I ever weighed was in my early 20's, got up to about 210 lbs....even then I still looked slim, at 6'5" I could probably carry about 224lbs and still not look anything other than slim....

Anyway good luck to you all - I hope you achieve what you set out to achieve!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'm in.

225lbs

I'm going to try two fairly simple changes. Walk the dog and eat at the salad bar for lunch.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I really don't mean to p**s you all off, but as one of those lucky people who can eat like a horse and never put an ounce on, I'll pass on this one...if anything, I could stand to put a couple of stones on....

LOL Well not to p**S you off Vic, but I weighed 165 when I was smoking and when I quit I balloned up to my top point which was 220. So I am very supportive of your quitting smoking, BUT please watch what you eat because it does change things. Atleast it did for me.

Ohh and I didnt mention in my post that I am 5'10

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

you are really a bunch of tall giraffes outta here....:lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 35