Clear all

Plenty to Lose

523 Posts
57 Users
0 Likes
80.5 K Views
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Ricochet wrote: So the mother or grandmother would chew the cheeseburger or egg, spit it out and feed it to the child.
:shock: YUM!
Ricochet wrote: I was surprised to find my weight down around 20 pounds.
That's a nice surprise, at least for most of us with reason to hang out on this thread. Congratulations!
Bish wrote: Lunch...hooo boy...here comes the first challenge....
I've enjoyed the Healthy Choice frozen dinners. Today I had a tasty lemon pepper fish over wild rice, with broccoli florets and a cherry apple dessert, for 310 calories and less than 3 bucks. Of course, you need access to a microwave. You wouldn't want it every day, but it's quick and easy, nutritious and satisfying, and good for days when I don't have time to pack a lunch.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Ricochet...that is just not right. Why McDonalds? :lol:

Margaret, that lunch sounds really good and I do have access to a microwave. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Feel free to pull up that little story whenever you get a serious food craving. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Well the good news is I'm still not smoking, 9 months now. THe bad news is I've gained back darn near all thw weight I'd lost. Well, batting 500 ain't to bad :P

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Teleplayer324 wrote: the good news is I'm still not smoking, 9 months now
Congratulations, Tele!!! Bet you feel a heck of a lot better, too! You've done a great thing for your health and your family, too, by quitting the cancer sticks. Nice work!
:D

Margaret

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

After reading the Macdonald's diet hints (joke) last week I managed to lose 4 lbs over the week!
Actually that and reading Margaret's tasty meal ideas, very inspiring Margaret, thanks.
Well, touch wood it's still reasonably pleasant weather here- I did see on the news a couple of weeks ago some areas up North there had a freak snowy blizzard thing happening, and thought of you poor guys.

Good luck Bish! That's fantastic ,your weight loss Margaret.
Cheers, diet Pals :D

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Good work, Violet! And yes, we've had our first couple of snowfalls, each insignificant, to date.

I'm still at the healthy eating and daily treadmilling. The poundage comes off more and more slowly now, though. Have watched some good movies (and a couple of stinkers), and listened to a lot of good music while exercising. Had a little fun buying a few new items of clothing. Could stand to lose another 10 to 15 pounds still. When I started this program early this year, I was definitely fooling myself about how much I had really gained over the years. :shock:

Good grief, I can't believe it's been a month since I jacked you people up on this thread. I must be falling down on the job. :lol:

Margaret

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good grief, I can't believe it's been a month since I jacked you people up on this thread. I must be falling down on the job. :lol:

Margaret

Yes, you are. I'm gaining weight. :cry:

After my cry of going for it, that weekend, somehow :evil: I ended up injuring my ankle and haven't been able to tread or get any good cardio in. I can't believe after mouthing off that this took place.

So I'm not going to be anywhere close to my goal. I'm actually starting to put on my hibernation fat layer it seems. :x

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Bish wrote: I'm actually starting to put on my hibernation fat layer it seems.

Thoon you'll be talking like thith with your sheeksh full o'nutsh?? :lol:

Margaret

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Bish wrote: I'm actually starting to put on my hibernation fat layer it seems.

Thoon you'll be talking like thith with your sheeksh full o'nutsh?? :lol:

Margaret

To heck with that, I'm going after Pic-A-nic baskets with my little buddy.

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hit a (hopefully) minor plateau since posting last. Haven't lost any more but thankfully haven't gained any more, either. Since last week, I've managed to carve out an entra hour of the day for a good walk in the woods up and down (rather down and up) the mountainside.

Will check back in again here next week with hopefully better news.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Oh bother! Can't believe we've let this thread languish for more than a month.

The end of the year is nearing. How's everybody doing? Ready to make a new resolution for 2007 to continue improving health habits??

I improved my health quotient significantly in 2006 through daily exercise, better food choices (secret weapon--fresh veggies!), and losing almost 25% of my former body weight.

A year ago I felt really old and tired and like I had one foot in the grave. No wonder, when I was lugging around 45-50 more pounds everywhere I went. Gotta tell ya, I feel a whale (hehehe) of a lot better now, like I shaved five or ten years off my age! :D

I am not now, nor never have been, very athletic. But I can walk (and I thank God for that), and that is what I do nearly every single day. I can even ride a bike again with some confidence. If I can do this, anybody can.

This is not intended as a brag and I certainly don't need any positive strokes from this testimony. My payoff is in feeling so much healthier. I only hope this might help someone else make the commitment to better health and more enjoyment out of living.

Find your motivation and work it. I promise you, it's worth it.

Here's to a bright finish to 2006, and many sunny days in 2007! CHEERS!

Margaret

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Congrats, Margaret.

I wish I could have the same resolve you did. Way to go!!!

Bish

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Margaret, that is terrific and very inspirational. As for me, I really havent made any progress. As I said in an earlier post, it is very difficult for a diabetic to lose weight (Type 1) because you are constantly battling high and low blood sugars. Well, a couple days ago I got to see a nutritionalist/diabetic educator for the first time in almost 30 years and it was great. They are going to try to help me, as long as I try to help myself.

So, I guess what I am saying is that I have had a renewed interest in trying again.

Continued good luck to you Margaret.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi all,

Sorry to have missed all the early chat on this, as I've been away. But one of the things I did this year was lose a stack of weight.

During that time I learned a lot about the art of losing weight - both the technical and psychological sides of it.

My wife Vicki and I both decided to lose weight, but we had different body types and weight histories and quite different attitudes to it all. So it was an interesting journey. We both got comfortably below our goals, and we've both stayed there and haven't crept back up again as so many do.

I'd love to share what we did. But it might get a bit long. So I'll stop here for now and try and write something up in short easily digested chunks!

Good luck to you all. :)

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
Page 24 / 35