Clear all

Plenty to Lose

523 Posts
57 Users
0 Likes
80.4 K Views
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

We've got another "ghost page" with no posts on it at the end of the thread. Let's see if this will push it over to a real one...

OK. I'll give it another try. I wonder how many calories typing this will burn off?? Can I count two finger typing as an exercise that contributes torwards burning off the Christmas eating?

No.... thought not... better go look for a bear this morning... :)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Or a skunk.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

And, the really embarassing thing is that I had the broker on my speaker phone, so everyone in my office heard the news. They now call me Tubby. :(

:D
Good luck with the classes.... Tubs...

Maybe we could arrange a group booking for the lot of us. I've managed to keep my Christmas gains down to a couple of pounds or so, but we've got one more large gathering for dinner tomorrow, so that will probably cost a bit more on the waistline.

Some friends who are pretty keen about watching their weight joined a martial arts class too. They've made terrific progress up through the ranks of coloured belts. Good idea to have some self defence skill too I guess. My self defence doesn't get much past "You wouldn't hit an old fellow with glasses..would you?..." :wink:

EDIT:

Aha! Rolled over to 29. Looks like it takes somewhere around 3 posts each time to push it over. Another piece of computer weirdness I'm never going to quite get to the bottom of... :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

And, the really embarassing thing is that I had the broker on my speaker phone, so everyone in my office heard the news. They now call me Tubby. :(

:D
Good luck with the classes.... Tubs...

HA! :lol:

So what's with the ghost page thing? Just this thread? Haven't seen it before.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

No, it's not just this thread, I've run into it before. And often when I get an E-mail notification of a new post on a thread I'm subscribed to, I get the "There are no posts in this topic" error message, too.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

So what's with the ghost page thing? Just this thread? Haven't seen it before.

We use to have it a lot back when the server crashed.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

We are on page 29 of a post started almost a year ago, Jan. 7, 2006! Looks like some of the original posters are still around and working on their game. :D I know this thread helped keep me accountable and motivated throughout the year.

Since it is Jan. 2 of a new year, does anyone want to set new goals for 2007?

My health and fitness goals are to continue exercising daily, continue to increase my intake of vegetables, try some new unfamiliar veggies and some new ways to prepare the familiar, continue to eat a healthy balance of all foods, maintain my weightloss, and hopefully take off another 10-15 pounds over time.

Next?

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

My health and fitness goals are to continue exercising daily, continue to increase my intake of vegetables, try some new unfamiliar veggies and some new ways to prepare the familiar, continue to eat a healthy balance of all foods, maintain my weightloss, and hopefully take off another 10-15 pounds over time.
Next?
Margaret

Ditto, i am striving to improve on all fronts as well.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I was a loser over the holidays which was very encouraging to me. The only ill effect of Christmas/New Years was that I got out of the habit of testing my glucose and recording what I eat. For me, those to things are very important. SO, past couple days I have been trying to get back on track with that.

Good luck everyone in 2007

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I was a loser over the holidays which was very encouraging to me.
Jim

You lost over Christmas. That's very impressive.

A round of applause for Geoo. :D

I must admit I gained a pound or two - as expected - but I'm still well under the target weight for my height, and Ive got some exercise lined up, so that will be off again in about a week.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

How is everybody doing here? Had a few weeks to trim off any holiday gains.

I'm holding steady--kind of a plateau I guess. But it's winter so I'm not getting much additional exercise beyond my treadmill time. So I guess I'm ok with that until it gets more spring-like and I can work in a bike ride or outdoor walk now and then.

Tried a new veggie this week--kale. Cooked, it's a lot like spinach but with more texture. Took three grocery stores before I could even find any. Recipe called for chopped almonds, garlic, wine vinegar, etc. Pretty tasty. :)

Margaret

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Hi All, I'm hanging in there - being pretty good, small meal helpings etc; newest vege we've tried is broccolini, very nice, more softer in texture than broccoli,
put it in a Chinese stir fry and noodles. Hot and steamy weather here; managing walks and swims, bit of exercise bike, good fpr strengthenong the knees. :) :D :)

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Violet, I wonder if broccolini is the same as the broccoflower we have here. Broccoflower looks like cauliflower, but is light greenish in color. Tastes mostly like cauliflower, but carries a much higher price tag. Still nice for some variety.

Featured vegetable of the week here is TURNIPS! I peeled and diced a big one and threw it into a pot of veggie and bean soup. Most folks would probably think it's chunks of potato. :D

Of course, no one else in the family shares my enthusiasm for all these vegetables. How can you force kids to eat their veggies when Dad won't eat his?? :roll: So I enjoy my veggies alone.

Margaret

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I've lost 6 lbs since starting BJJ. 28 to go! LOL

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I've lost 6 lbs since starting BJJ. 28 to go! LOL

That's 7 more than me. WTG!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
Page 29 / 35