523 Posts
57 Users
0 Likes
80.5 K Views
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I'm 5'8" and 150lbs.

Jason
Man, I've got hair thicker than that. Well only a few but none the less...

:) Angus Young is only 5'2", so I'm not worried! :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

David and I have a similar problem - we live with women who like good food. In David's case, it's a mutual affliction, as he is a great cook as well. His students and jammers can confirm this.

In my case, I need to convince my wife to stop cooking so much great food! I don't have much to lose (target 200 from 215, 6'1"), but it's very stubborn. I've been the same weight for over 2 years.

One gentle reminder, no single diet works for everyone. Each of us needs to find the best regimen that works with our lifestyle and metabolism.

Laz

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Well gentlemen, Add me to the list of fatties! Haven't jumped on the scale for a while but I should be about 240lbs and 5'11". When I was using drugs(speed) I got down to 165 and looked like death warmed over. I would like to lose 55 pounds and go from there.

What did it for me was when I quit smoking and all the alcohol. Yes I was on a path of self destruction. I figured when I quit drinking that a lot of the weigh would just fall off, I'm talking 5000 calories a week just in booze, but that was not the case.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I'm in, thanks for starting this DH.

Twistedfatty reporting in at 265 lbs.~ 6' 2 1/2" my goal is to get down to 215-220 by my 48th birthday (july)
i guess i'll keep the height tho :wink:

edited to reflect actual weight :oops:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I could lose a couple. Count me in!

I'm .......hold on......... 6'1" weighting in at 198.8

I need to lose the beer gut. (I said the gut, not the beer :wink: ) I'll set mine for 190.

Good luck to everyone joined and joining. I hope everyone achieves there goal! :D

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Well, I may be about to get a big head start on everyone on this weight loss thing. I just ate a pack of cheap wieners, the scrawny little highly spiced ones that sell for $1 a pack or so, that I found in the bottom of the bottom drawer of the fridge. I knew they were a bit stale, but after I'd finished them and was taking the pack to throw away, I read on the end: "USE BY OCTOBER 10, 2005."
:oops:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

aahhahaha. I want to know what happens with that.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Uughh! I hope the expiry date was only a suggestion. You don't want to lose weight that way.

If you want to have a good laugh about losing weight, I recommend watching The Nutty Professor with Eddie Murphy. Heck, re-watch it. It's pretty funny in a scatological sort of way.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Nutty professor anyone ? ewww.. :evil: (i hate the movie and the fat processor ..oh no ...i mean professor :lol: )

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I got cleared to walk. (allergic reaction to medication caused muscle and back problems) My baseball team wants to start practicing very soon. My wife and I are both eating better foods.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

As for the 3 months out of date dogs, they've produced no unusual effects so far. Perhaps all the turmeric embalmed them.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I really liked that advice about if you aren't willing to make a change to your lifestyle why bother? That makes a lot of sense. Why do the latest diet craze if you are just going to regain when you stop.

I also read yesterday that a minor change like walking 15 minutes a day will make an enormous difference over time.

With that in mind here is what I've been doing so far:

1. There is a little restaurant on the first floor of my building. I switched from burgers and fries or Chinese food to the salad bar. Plenty to choose from on the salad bar and it is convenient so it's an easy switch.
2. I stopped taking the elevator. It's a pain in the morning, 6 floors up, but 99% of the time it's 1 floor.
3. Walk the dog in the evening. We go about 1.5 miles.

The first two I look at as things I will eventually incorporate into my lifestyle, that for the time being are must do. The third I think I can keep as long as the dog.

By the way I gained 10lbs since my last post. I got a digital scale and it stores my weight so I'm going by that. 235 lbs.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Well me and my girlfriend got up early this morning to go for a walk. My meds hadn't worn off from last night and I could barely focus. Man it was cold out there, we cut the walk short, about a mile.

I had a big salad and about 1/2 my normal portion size for dinner.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Can a woman get in on this or is this a man only thing?

I stand 5 foot nothing. Before I tried to quit smoking the first time I had never weighed over 100 pounds in my entire life. When I first tried to quit smoking I weighed 95 pounds. Six months after quitting I weighed in at 145. 50 pounds!!! Since then, I can't seem to get back down (and I'm smoking again! I know, shame on me!). I don't want to get down to 95 pounds again, but 110 - 115 would be great! But, for the past few years I've been yoyo-ing. I'll lose 30 and gain 25, lose 25 and gain 30, which isn't healthy at all. I've been trying to get back into walking, which is a challenge since I spent most of the last year being ill and barely even left the house unless it was for doctor's appointments. I guess that I either got lazy or developed even more bad habits while I was "homebound"! I have altered my eating habits, more raw vegetables, less sugar and am drinking water. I need to exercise more, but, sometimes it's difficult to motivate yourself. Maybe y'all can motivate me! Help me... help me, please!!!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Can a woman get in on this or is this a man only thing?

Sure, join up :D

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 35