Clear all

Poll: best guitars for a Floyd Rose?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I own a Peavey Wolfgang, which I love to play when I am in the mood to thrash on a Floyd Rose. I got to wondering who, besides Peavey, makes great guitars that feature the FR. I am sure Ibanez is the most popular, but I wanted comments from FR lovers as to their favorite FR equipped guitar.

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Does Ibanez use FR? Thought Ibanez made its own version -- maybe that's equivalent for this poll?

(Not voting - While I like the micro tuning mechanism in principle, I think a FR-type trem sacrifices some of the tonal characteristics of a guitar. And that's okay for some types of playing such as shredding through high gain, where the native timbre isn't too noticeable. But as that's not among my playing styles, so the Jackson hangs unused and unloved in the other room. :cry: )

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Does Ibanez use FR? Thought Ibanez made its own version -- maybe that's equivalent for this poll?

Yes, I think the Ibanez can count. Peavey also uses a licensed version of the FR. I was using FR to mean all floating tremolo systems.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Locking floating trems maybe? I suspect you are not interested in the Fender and G&L type trems which do not use locking nuts (I really like G&L's, BTW :wink: )

Of the guitars you mention, trem or not, I've always have a bit of a jones for something in the Peavey/Music Man Axis/Wolfgang/Axis Sport archetype. Interesting guitars.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote